{ Prologue }

My head pounded hard, the feeling of my brain swelling. The smell of burning flames hitting my nostrils. It felt like every inch of my body was hit by a big truck, crushing my organs. My eyelids slowly flutter open as I squinted due to the bright flames covering over a taxi car. I blinked rapidly my eyes stinging from the smoke.

Pain soon shot up right on my shoulder causing me to grunt and hiss feeling the burning sensation all over as I blinked the tears away. I let out a pained cough from the smoke, finally looking around my surroundings.

I was in a car crash, thrown through my windshield. And there was a lifeless body in the flip taxi, flames growing larger.

Fuck! I shouldn't have been drinking. Damn it! Look what I have done now. I had to save that person.

I slowly glance down at my shoulder, letting out an aching cry seeing a piece of glass pierce deep into my shoulder, blood oozing down my arm.

I grabbed the piece of glass with hands and pulled it with all the strength I had left.

"Shit!" I cried out, feeling my fingers on the glass cut through my skin causing blood to seep through.

I gritted my teeth finally taking out the glass from my shoulder, crawling off the hood of my car to slowly make my way towards the car I hit.

I would never forgive myself if I had taken a life from an innocent person.

I began to limp my way over towards the burning car, covering my arms against my nose. The closer I slowly walked to the burning car, the pit of my stomach twisted, seeing the familiar blonde hair.

That can't be. No. No. No.

I squinted my eyes to try to get a better view of the person, praying it wasn't the person I hoped it'll be.

I nearly jump towards the person, sweat beading down my forehead from the heat of the flames. Quickly I reached for her wrist, carefully grabbing it and pulled with all my might to drag her away from the flames. After being far away from the fire, I fell to the ground, removing the blonde hair from there face revealing my nightmare.

Emma.

A tear ran down my face from panic to worry to frightening.

I grabbed Emma tighter to my chest, "No! No! No! Emma, please wake up." I cried out, my voice almost going dry. I held her small body in my arms, rocking her back in fourth. "Please Emma, wake up." I then sobbed uncontrollably, tears running down my eyes as my throat went dry.

I stared at her pale face covered with black smoke, blood staining her dirty clothing with multiple cuts over her face. My heart aches to see what I had done, almost like someone stabbed me with a knife.

What have I done? What have I done! 

I just killed my girlfriend, true love, and future wife at the same time. 

||| 

will finish working on chapter 1, for now, bare with me. 

{you can listen to the song with this chapter if you'd like}

Until next time!