Dreamscapes, Part 4 - Revelations

A whirlwind of contradicting thoughts and emotions were running inside of Eclipsa’s head. She hadn't felt this alive for centuries, but these feelings were built on false pretences and she knew that; she knew that very well. But here she was: exposed and vulnerable to a boy who thought she was his pregnant wife. She wanted to cloud his mind with false memories, to convince his brain and heart to fall for her. However, after what happened the previous night, she had to ask herself: who was playing who at this point?

Eclipsa looked back and saw Marco sleeping like a log in her bed. He looked so peaceful, so happy. As she was losing her thoughts imagining what that transpired that night, she suddenly realized that she too felt just like that. And more. Way more. She was even burning inside.

She gasped. “Mirror!” She quickly came to her wardrobe and picked up small mirror laying on top of it. When she looked into it, she saw the source of burning sensation. She was blushing. The Queen of Darkness was glowing red because she slept with a boy she kidnapped. Because…

“Oh no. What have I done…”

Because.

“Why have I allowed myself to let it come to this? I know better. I am supposed to know better!”

She angrily tossed the mirror back down. The force was too great and the small item shattered.

“Dammit.”

“Karin? I heard something breaking. Is everything alright?”

“Oh! I didn’t mean to wake you up.”

He went straight to her to check what caused the noise.

“Is that blood?!”

“What?”

“On your hand.”

She checked her hand and noticed that small bits of shrapnel cut her finger. “This is nothing. I don’t even feel it.”

“You need to be more careful.” He gently took her hand in both of his and inspected it. “Hmm. It doesn’t look serious.”

With each passing second he was holding her hand, the burning sensation inside her body was intensifying.

“I-I’m okay.” Her voice almost gave up.

“You don’t sound okay.”

“Really, I’m fine. I’m just a little tired.”

“Oh. Well. Sorry for that, I got a little carried away.” He smiled. “As did you, I suppose.”

No matter how hard she tried to act natural, she couldn’t keep going. Inside his head, it was all dreams and fiction. It was nice and pleasant, but ultimately without consequences. However this was reality and she put herself into a position she couldn’t escape without ruining everything. But what was ‘everything’ at this point? She snatched him away from the girl he loves and replaced her with her own image just to hurt her. And she did that. But her original plan was to go further. Way further. The prospect of this plan wasn’t so appealing anymore. She wanted to make them to suffer, but instead she made herself happy. Because she lo-

“NO!!!”

Eclipsa raised her hand, touched Marco’s forehead and put him into sleep. He crumbled down to the floor. She kept looking at him with troubled face.

“What am I going to do about you?”

As she was contemplating his purpose in her life, another question slipped into the forefront of her mind: “What am I going to do about us?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He couldn’t see much. Darkness was enveloping his surroundings and his senses. There were no sounds, no concrete objects he could fix his eyes on. Only some sort of nondescript, blurry blot somewhere in the distance. There was, however, one thing that was present the whole time: smell. He could’ve sworn this was the smell of something wet. It wasn’t unpleasant, just unusual for him. He never really experienced this sensation before. But by the looks of things, that was about to change soon. The blot was getting closer, or he was getting closer to it. It was hard for him to approximate anything in this realm, wherever this realm might have been. Whatever the case, his involuntary destination was nearing swiftly, and with the distance closing, its contours were getting more concrete shapes.