Timeless, Part 2 - Scattered

Two years later

The Princess took a deep breath, and brought out her wand.

Woosh

The magical Book of Spells slid across the floor to her, flipping through its pages. Skywynne's chapter was all the way near the back. Every Queen's chapters were specialized to her personality and wantings. Skywynne's was deep blue, with small azure stones dotting the margins.

Glossaryck slid out of the pages, and droned on, "You serious?"

She didn't like his tone one bit. "Why?"

"Out of all spells written all over bunch of pages and you picked the heavy stuff?"

"I don't have time for basics!"

Glossaryck silently kept looking at her. "You don't have... time for them?"

"Argh! Just teach me already."

"OK."

"That's it? No lectures, no warnings, just OK?"

"Yep."

"Why do I have feeling you're up to something?"

"I sincerely don't know."

"Uhm." Luna looked around, kinda expecting something to happen. But it looked like Glossaryck was being serious for a change. "Alright then; show me."

"Very well. You need to make sure to let go off all doubts and insecurities."

Luna stamped her feet in impatience. "Okay okay, I got it! Now, what do I say?"

"You start off by placing one foot forward-" Luna paid very close attention to his reluctant mentor, for the first time making sure that she doesn't miss a single word he was throwing at her.

"Good. Now wave your wand in a circular motion and chant out 'Never visible, forever undetected, in the name of reality itself, I shan't be seen, as time will hide me from reality.'"

The mentor's words rang around the soon-to-be queen's head; she was giddy, filled with excitement and wonder. Glossaryck continued, "Now, I recommend that you practice your stance before actually performing the spell or-"

He was interrupted when the Princess yelled, "Never visible, forever unseen, by the lord of space and time, I won't be seen, as time will hide me!"

"Luna, stop.... Oh no."

The misinterpretation of the spell echoed around the room. A light ran out of the wand, swallowing everything as far as the eye could see. Silence. Luna slowly opened her eyes in enthusiasm. Her expression changed the moment that she could witness what had happened. Birds floated in midair, maidens and servants stuck in place. Despite the horrifying display in front of Glossaryck, his expression was more of, "Oh not this again."

Reality hit Luna like a brick. "I just froze an entire kingdom!" Her mind filled with insecurities. "Oh boy, what have I done!? That's it - I finally screwed everything up. Like, hehe, BIG time. No, this is fine, everything is absolutely fine... How can it be fine when I FROZE THE ENTIRE KINGDOM?! Whew, just breath, you can fix this, girl, you have this, you, you just, uumm- I just need to...

She kept pacing herself around the room. Glossaryck! The startled princess runs towards her mentor. The little blue man stood in place, one hand extended forward, as it tried to stop Luna from casting the spell. Luna panted heavily, in a haze of distress she yells to herself. "Maybe one of Skywynne's books has the answer!" She quickly ran over to one of the many books on time magic and manipulation she had "borrowed" from the royal library. In desperation, she swiftly scanned the chapter on time paralysis and chanted the first spell she saw.