Letting Go

(Vincent's p.o.v.)
It's been nearly a month since Scott had welcomed me into his home, I had learned a lot from him, mostly about his home and what humans called everything, like each section was called a room and had a different name for every one, I was sitting on the couch as he was looking at my chest, he had a small tool, he cut the strange strings on my chest, then pulled them out of my skin.
"There." He said, "You're all healed up."
He got up and put the remains of the things into a bucket of sorts, he then began to put the tool away.
"What does that mean for me?" I asked.
He was quiet, I could tell just by his atmosphere that he didn't want to reply.
"It means..." He trailed off, "That you can go back to your cave."
I sat up a bit more, now he had my attention.
"You don't have to worry about reopening the wound now, it's completely healed, so you can go back to living th way you did before." He replied, "But if you ever want to come visit I wouldn't mind seeing you."
I was quiet as I watched him, he didn't seem to even want to look at me, I got up and left, I was getting a few mixed emotions about Scott, it seemed like he wanted me to leave, I reached my cave and went in, I checked my cave over before I continued to servay my territory, I got to the abandond farm and began to check it over before I went over to Sweet's favorite tree, it grew small red berries, I called them Bird Hearts, but it didn't taste like actual bird hearts, it just looked like it, I picked a few and then went back over to the house, I laid near it and ate a few, I was trying to figure things out all on my own.
The thing Scott had said to me after I came out of hiding when those men came in, he asked me not to leave him alone, and I wasn't sure what to do, I was silent, I looked at the door, I knew that I could go in now, but I was scared on what I would find, I knew that no one else knew about Apple and Sweets, and I knew that they were both old to begin with, I sat just outside the door, I knew that... they could still be residents here, I leaned against the door quietly, I knocked slightly, although I knew no one would answer, I felt lost, I had only been away for a couple of hours but still, I wanted nothing more than to not be alone, I missed Apple and Sweets, I wanted someone to talk to.
I finally left the farm, I slithered through the forest aimlessly, being careful not to find myself in someone elses territory, I eventually found my way back to Scott's place, although it didn't seem like anyone was there, that's when I got to business, I began to clame his area as my territory, just so nothing can get on here and disturb him, once I was finished with claiming the territory I began to go down the well worn path, but I was going just off of it, I got closer to the town than ever before, and I knew I was treading on dangerous ground, although more questions began to pop up as I watched the humans from a safe distance, I silently and cautiously watched over them, there were a few young ones playing near the forest, I silently slithered closer, as to keep a closer eye on them, I silently watched as they played, I heard a strange noise nearby, although it was familiar to me, I smelt the air and coud smell danger, I had to warn the young ones to get away from the forest, I slithered just a bit closer before I let out a small hiss.
They all fell silent, they were staring at the forest.
"What was that?" One of the males asked.
"I don't know, maybe we should check it out." Another male said.
That's when I knew I was in trouble, I couldn't let them find me, they'd be terrified, I slithered back slightly and into another hiding spot, I quickly hissed again, one of the females grabbed the boys arm, she was very adorable, but looked scared.
"We should fetch daddy." She said very quietly.
"Alright fine, you go get your dad, we'll be right here." The male said.
She ran off, I began to silently slither around, trying to find the danger before it decided to strike, I went quiet when I could hear a strong male voice nearby, I looked over to see one of the men who entered Scott's house, I began to slither away until I was able to get into a tree without being detected.
"It was, like, a hissing sound." One of the males proclaimed.
"But it wasn't like a cat, they don't sound like what it sounded like." Another added.
"Well, what did it look like?" The man asked, even though I was scared of him he seemed friendly.
They all began to try and copy my sound, that's when he began to seem a little worried.
"You mean..." He trailed off, "Hissing like a snake?"
They all seemed confused except for the young girl, she just nodded.
"That's strange." The man said, "There hasn't been a snake in this forest for a hundred years."
That's when I heard the sound, a mountain cat jumped from the bushes and tried to attack the young ones, the man reacted quickly and tried to fight it off, the young ones screaming and running, the young girl running into the forest, the mountain cat followed her, since it appeared that she was the weakest in the bunch, I quickly let myself fall out of the tree and I chased them down, I could hear the man following, I saw the mountain cat was over the young girl, ready to end her life, I reached out and grabbed the cat around the throat, then pulled it into the bushes with me and began to strangle it, I made sure my tail kept it quiet as I moved away slightly, the poor girl was crying, the man ran over and fell to his knees.
"Joelee!" The man cried out as he picked her up.
He craidled her as he comforted her, I looked back at the cat, it was still alive and somewhat breathing, I got close to it.
"You are to never come back here ever again." I said quietly, "I am claiming this territory as mine, understand?"
It made a slight distressed noise, I then let it go, I had no interest in eating it, it got up and ran away, right past the man and girl, the girl seemed rather worried.
"Joelee, what happened?" The man asked her.
"It was strange." She said quietly, "Soneone grabbed the lion and pulled it into the bushes."
She pointed over at me, I began to quietly back away, the man got up and began to search the bushes, I slithered away as quickly as I could, soon I returned to my cave, I had a mission tomorrow, I was going to try and claim the perimiter of the town as my territory, even though I promised to never go there.