Listening To Dispare

(Vincent's p.o.v.)
I opened my eyes to be alone, I sat up and looked around, no one was around, I got up and went down the strange slope, once I reached the bottom I could hear a strange noise, I looked in the section slightly to see Scott was messing with a hole in the wall surrounded by brick, it had pieces of trees in it, I came into the area a bit more to get a better look, he was rubbing a small piece of iron against a rock, it sparked suddenly and the tree pieces began to glow a bright color, I immediately retreated, but came back out once I realized it was giving off heat, Scott turned and noticed me.
"Oh, good morning." He said.
"What is that?" I asked.
"That's fire, so don't touch it." He said.
I nodded slightly, mezmerized by how it looked, Scott covered the front of the hole with something that looked strange, it was clear, but not completely clear, he turned to me.
"I'm going to be leaving again, but this should stay warm for quite a while, so it'll hopefully keep you warm." He said.
I went over and laid in front of it, it was giving off heat, I closed my eyes and waited, enjoyingthe warmth, I listened to Scott moving around.
"Ah damn." I heard him say quietly, "I'm almost out of food, but there'sno way in hell that I can afford any more."
I didn't move, after a while I heard him heading over to the exit, I opened my eyes and sat up slightly, I watched as he opened the barrier, when he left he let it close behind him, I got up and looked at it, trying to think of the way Scott had opened it, I messed with it for a while until it opened, I looked outside, I left quickly, I was staying higher off the ground than usual, trying not to mess with the wound again, I went back to my cave, I was satisfied that it was how I left it, I went in and began to look at all my strange items, I went over and picked up my lether vest, I began to slip it on to protect my chest, I went and grabbed my lether bag and weaved basket, I did a quick patrol of my cave, then began to patrol my territory, there was one specific piece of it that I had to check on, as I traveled through the forest I froze, I raised my torso slightly and opened my jaws as wide as I could as I smelt the air around me, I smelt something delicious, I pin pointed the sent and began to quietly make my way over, soon I caught sight of my prey, a rabbit, I coiled up and got ready, I pounced on it quickly, it kept squealing as I bit into it, I unhinged my jaw and swallowed it whole, satisfied, I continued to make my way through the forest, soon I reached and abandoned farmhouse, it was run down and slightly falling to pieces, I went over and began to patrol, once I saw that everything was left undisturbed I went out to the Orchard.
I knew this place like the back of my hand, there was an older couple of humans living here, the two of them took care of me when I was young, they taught me how to hunt and how to care for myself, that's how I even survived the first two years of my life out here, although I barely remembered them, they were long gone.
I went over to an apple tree and looked up at the fruits, I didn't normally eat fruits, but the couple said that I could take whatever I needed whenever I needed it, and I have eaten quite a few of the fruits and vegetables that grew here, evn though they were growing wild now, although in the summer time I would pull plants that weren't supposed to be in the garden, I would give them to rabbits around the farm, nothing really came here because my sent was everywhere, but I liked it that way, this was still my home, and it always will be.
I coiled the basket with a bit of my tail before I began to climb the tree, once I reached a good spot I began to collect the fruit, it was mostly left alone, I didn't see any marks from birds or bugs, nor did I see any from any worms, I placed quite a few in the basket before I moved on, I went to a few other trees and got some different fruits, once I was done I went to the small vegetable garden, I pulled up a few orange roots and picked some squash, I put them in the basket, I carried the off to the house, I stood near it for a while, then left, it was getting rather late now, so I decided to head back to scott's house.
I slithered near the path as I was heading back, mostly because it was the easiest way to find his house, it wasn't really in my territory, and I didn't even know of it's exsistance until Scott took me there, as I slithered along I heard a noise, I froze, I flicked my tongue out and smelt the air, it smelt familliar, I realized it was something I had been smelling endlessly lately, I slowly raised above the bushes that surrounded me to see Scott, he looked horrified, but seemed to relax after seeing me.
"What in the world...?" He asked, "How did you get out?"
"I figured it out." I said, "I was being more careful this time."
He looked me up and down.
"I... I can see that." He said.
He began to walk down the trail again, I slithered next to him, keeping my head above the thick foliage so he knew where I was, as we were heading back I stopped, I smelt something unfamiliar, Scott turned to me.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
I opened my massive jaws as I began to smell around, the smell was getting closer, I quickly closed my jaws and set the basket down, I quickly went up a tree and used my tail to grab Scott, I pulled him into the tree and covered his mouth quickly, he seemed worried and scared, there was movement below us, I watched as a deer jumped out from some bushes and ran down the trail, I knew it wasn't a deer I was smelling, so I kept Scott quiet, after a minute I saw a human walking, he looked skittish and nervous, obviously traveling from another town, I had seen plenty of people like him in this forest, and since he seemed so skittish I knew he wasn't a threat.
I began to lower Scott to the ground, once I knew he was on the ground I decoiled my tail from him, he began to get ready to get back onto the trail, we both froze when we heard the traveler shreik slightly, I began to worry that he saw me but when I looked up I saw the strange people with the sharp things that were attacking Scott standing near him, pointing the objects at him, he was sitting on the ground and I could smell blood.
"Get his shit!" One said.
They went over and began to take everything he had, he was crying and begging to be let go.
"Leave him alone." I heard Scott say.
I looked down at him to see he was walking over, he went over to the traveler.
"You!" One shouted, "I have a bone to pick with you!"
I slipped out of the tree as quietly as possible, these guys were trouble, but they crossed the line when they swung the dangerous and sharp objects at Scott, I could see his shirt rip and he began to bleed, he took a step back and he quickly grabbed his arm, that's when I got mad, I moved quickly and went over to the one who started it, I shoved my long, sharp claws through his chest, and, with my brute strength alone, listed him off the ground, only my claws holding him up, I knew he was dead, I tossed him into the bushes off the path, I raised off the ground as much as I could and hissed loudly.
"Leave!" I said within the hiss, allowing my tongue to flick out.
The look of horror on their faces satisfied me, they turned and began to run, but they had something that didn't belong to them, I swiftly slithered after them, I slashed at the one carrying the travelers bag, slicing some of his tender, human flesh, he dropped everything and ran even faster, I picked up the object and looked at it, then slipped it into my lether bag, I went over and picked up the bag, I then went back to the path.
"Oh my god, oh my god!" The traveler kept repeating.
I slithered over and it looked as if he was going to die right thereand then, I backed off slightly and held out the bag,Scott, who was down next to him, looked up at the bag.
"Just hold onto it." He said.
I looked down at it, then slung it around my shoulder, I sat quietly as I watched Scott and the traveler, he kept crying and pleeding that I don't eat him.
"Just calm down!" Scott shouted as he grabbed the traveler's face.
I huffed slightly and he looked up at me, I went over to off the path and found my basket, I reached down and wrapped the end of my tail around it, I went back to the trail to see the traveler was calm now, Scott looked up at me.
"Can you carry him?" He asked.
The traveler went a little pale.
"I don't think he'll let me." I replied.
"Well, can you carry my stuff so I can cary him?" Scott asked.
I nodded and went over to him, he handed me his bag and some other bags he was carrying, they were small and had barely anything in them, Scott then tried to pick up the traveler, I watched as he slowly stood him up, they then began to walk, I slithered alongside them off the path, it was getting darker, I stopped again and opened my jaws as I smelt the air, I then closed them.
"I think the wolves caught the sent of blood." I said.
The traveler looked even more horrified, Scott looked over at me, I sighed, knowing that they couldn't move very fast, and the wolves probably wouldn't even notice me because I had blood on me, I got onto the path and grabbed the traveler, I knew how to avoid hurting people with my claws, I threw him over my shoulder and began to hurry down the path, Scott was somewhat running next to me, I was keeping an eye on him to make sure he didn't get hurt, after a minute we reached his home, I slowed down then, Scott was huffing next to me, he went over and opened the door, I then went inside and set the traveler on the couch, (At least I think Scott called it a couch), I then began to set the bags on the floor, I set the basket down on the floor as well, I went over to the fire and took off my bag, I pulled the object out, I began to examine it as I sat near the burned out fire, although it was still giving off heat, finally I looked up at Scott.
"What are these?" I asked.
Scott looked over at me, he was putting something strange around the traveler's wound.
"That's a sword." He said as he looked back at what he was doing.
"Sword..." I said quietly, "What do they do?"
"Humans use those to fight." Scott said, "Humans don't have claws and fangs like you, so we make fake ones out of metal, we have things that are like tiny swords that we call knives and things like that, we use them for self defence and for cuttung things smaller for our mouths, since we can't unhing our jaws like you."
I looked down at the sword, I went off to the wall and set it down out of the way, so no one would get hurt, I then laid down in front of the warm fire body I looked over at Scott and the traveler, Scott looked up at him.
"See?" Scott asked, "He's just curious, he won't hurt you."
The traveler was stareing at me, I pulled my tail closer to me, I looked down at my vest, then began to take it off, I sat up slightly to get a good look at my chest, the strange things were still in them, I touched them slightly.
"Don't!" Scott snapped, causing me to flinch and look up at him.
I went closer to the ground and looked away from him.
"Sorry." Scott said, "I just don't want you reopening it."
I glanced up at him, then coiled myself around me a bit more, I somewhat hid within my tail, I peeked through my tail to watch them.
"So, what were you doing, thraveling through the woods so late at night?" Scott asked.
"Oh, um..." The traveler trailed off, "I was heading to Littlewood."
Scott gave him a confused look.
"But why so late at night?" Scott asked.
"I, uh... just needed to get there as quickly as possible." He replied.
Scott stood u[ and looked down at the traveler's leg.
"Well, that should do, at least until tomorrow when we get to town." Scott said, "I work in the town, so I'll just go with you."
He seemed a little worried suddenly.
"Although that was my third time seeing those thugs." Scott said as he began to think, he turned to me, "Can you escort us to town?" He asked me.
I gave him a confused look.
"Can you take us to town?" He asked.
"I don't go into town." I said, "I was told to stay away from there."
"Well, you don't have to go all the way there." Scott said, "Just take us mostly there, then you can come back here."
I was quiet as I looked at him, I didn't want Scott to be attacked by those humans again.
"Alright, I will." I said.
Scott went over and began to grab the bags, he pulled some things out of it, I watched quietly, he took them to the other section, he came back and looked a little upset.
"I wasn't expecting company." Scott said, "I don't have much to offer."
I used my tail to scoot the basket over to him, once it touched his foot he looked down at it, he looked up at me with a confused expression.
"What's that?" He asked.
I used the tip of my tail to unlatch the baskets top, it took a lot of practice to learn how to use my tail for so much, but once I got the hang of it everything was easy, I pulled the top off and looked up at him slightly, he looked even more confused, he leaned down and grabbed the basket, he then stood up straight and pulled out one of the apples, he looked at me with a confused look.
"What's wrong?" I asked, "Do some humans not eat those?"
"Yes, we do eat them." Scott said, giving me an even more concerned look, "How did you know humans even ate these?"
"You're not the first human I met." I said, "I've lived with two many years ago, when I was very young."
He looked a little more confused, even the traveler looked confused.
"They lived in the forest too, a few miles away from my cave, but they disappeared many years ago." I said, "They found me at the bottom of a cliff, and the presumed that I had fallen or something, since I couldn't really remember anything before then."
"Oh." Scott said.
"They were the ones who taught me how to hunt, although I'm not sure why." I said, "Exspecially now that I know what humans truly thought about nagas."
"It was probably because you were young." Scott said.
He turned to the traveler, who seemed rather interested in me now, and not as terrified.
"I'm Scott, by the way." Scott said, "And this is Vincent." He gestured to me.
"I'm Jeremy." He said.
"Well, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance." Scott said.
I could tell he was still a little nervious about me, since he kept glancing at me with a slight terrified look, I finally got up and began to head up the slope.
"Where are you going?" Scott asked.
"I don't want to scare him." I said looking back at Scott, "I'll wait up there."
I went up and into the other section, I went over to the bed (At least I think Scott called it a bed) and climbed under the furless, letherless animal hide, I pulled my tail up to me and tried my best to get into a comfortable position, I rested my head on my arms and closed my eyes, after quite some time I heard the door, I sat up and looked over to see Scott come in, he looked up at me.
"Is he still scared?" I asked, "If so I'll stay away."
"No, don't worry." Scott said, "He thought you were rather thoughtful and kind since you left the room for his sake, he was just mostly shaken up from being attacked by those bandits."
"Bandits?" I asked, not sure I had ever heard that term before.
"It's a group of people who attack other people to steal things from them." Scott said as he sat down on the bed next to me, "It's not good to do that, so some people try to punish them for that, but there isn't much a normal person can do."
I tilted my head to the side slightly.
"But you're not a normal person." I said.
"How so?" He asked as he began to grab more clothes.
"Well, you didn't try to kill me like every other human I had seen aside from Apple and Sweets." I said.
"Apple and Sweets?" He asked as he began to change his clothes.
"Don't humans not like to be naked?" I asked him.
"I don't care." Scott said as he pulled his bottom part up, "Now who is Apple and Sweets?"
"The humans I used to live with, that's what they called each other, so I was guessing that was their names, they esponded to it when I called them that."
"Did they know your name?" Scott asked.
"They were the ones who named me Vincent." I replied.
Scott was quiet, he climbed into the bed.
"Let's just... get some rest, okay?" He asked.
He laid down and covered up, blowing out the lamp, I moved over to him for his warmth, I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes, I could feel him run his fingers through my hair and rub my head, I slowly fell asleep.