Learning

(Scott's p.o.v.)
I reached the house and took the naga to the front door, I untied him and let him slip off the carriage, I then put the horse away and returned, I then dragged him into the house, his hands still bound by the rope.
"Okay... this is the stupidest thing I've ever done..." I said.
I somewhat tied him to the coffee table, then unbandaged him, it looked a lot worse that it did earlier, it was somewhat bleeding still and looked very... meaty, so to speak, I began to root though my actual medical kit and found everything I needed, I then turned back to the naga, I made sure he was still under then numbed the area the wound was, I then grabbed the needle and thread.
"Please don't wake up..." I begged quietly.
I began to stitch the wound closed, He was far under the sedation and had absolutely no reaction, I silently celebrated and did my best to finish up quickly, once done I felt so relieved, but I knew I couldn't put him outside, what if he attacked the horse? I knew my friend wouldn't believe it was because of a naga, naga's aren't...
(Naga's aren't native to this area... why is he here?) I asked myself, (And where did he come from?)
I sat quietly for a minute, then tied him up the rest of the way, I knew the table wouldn't hold him but it would keep him from attacking me at least, I just hoped he would come out of the sedation without any problems, otherwise there might be an issue.
I went upstairs and to bed, for some reason I felt as if I saved someone, even though it was a naga, most people don't consider them even close to humans, I laid down and closed my eyes, I soon fell asleep, I was exhausted, mostly because I had to drag him a lot.
*****
I sat up quickly to a loud crash from downstairs, I got up and ran down to see the naga was now wide awake, he was still tied to the table and was swinging his upper half, trying to get the table off of himself, he looked terrified.
"W-woah!" I shouted as I dodged his swinging torso.
He stopped once he saw me, he instantly started hissing and did his best to move away from me.
"L-listen, I'll, um... I'll untie you if you promise not to attack me." I said, trying not to let my fear show.
He hissed again then started to swing around again, he hit the table and his torso against the wall.
"Hey!" I shouted, causing him to stop again, " If you reopen that wound I'll kick your scaley ass!"
He lowered his torso in submission, he was trembling with fear, I began to cautiously approach him, he moved to the corner and hissed again.
"I'll only untie you if you won't attack me." I said, folding my arms.
I didn't know much about nagas, but by how he was acting it seemed like I was dominate, I went over and began to loosen the ropes, he kept his head low and avoided eye contact, before I was done he tried to pull away, but I pulled right back.
"Quit moving, you're making this difficult." I said.
Once the ropes were nearly removed I stopped, I looked at him, he was clearly terrified, keeping his head low, I never knew nagas were like this when around humans, I usually heard they'd attack without any warning, so I found this slightly weird.
"You're not going to attack me, are you?" I asked.
He sat silently for a minute, then shook his head, still keeping it down.
"Good." I said, I then continued.
Once he was completely untied I slowly made my way away from him, I opened the door and moved away from it, he was eyeing it up.
"I won't stop you." I said, a good distance away.
He was out the door faster than I could blink, once he was out I sighed, I closed the door and did my best to clean up after him, after that I went outside, the horse was fine, which I was relieved about, I then made my way to town.
Once in town I began to make my way to my station, there were a lot of old newspaper clippings hanging all over the place, not only was I a messenger but I also took up as much gossip for the newspaper, it wasn't ideal, but it put food on the table.
As I looked at all the clippings one really caught my attention, I grabbed it and pulled it off the wall, I began to read it.
~A mysterious merchant brings three naga from India, claims they are well tamed and make great "entertainment" and wishes to sell them for a high price, but the next day he's found dead in his inn room along with the older naga, the young naga (proclaimed the age of five) missing, it was deemed that he wouldn't survive the winters.~
"Uh..." I started, "Hey Mike." I said, looking around for my coworker (in the newspaper business).
"Yeah?" He asked, leaning into the room, obviously sitting on his wheeled chair.
"What's this?" I asked, holding up the clipping.
He got up and walked over, he took it and read it quickly.
"Oh yeah, that really was a mess." Mike said, handing the clipping back to me, "That guy really was a loon, although he wasn't killed by the naga, everyone believed that the guy was killed and the young naga was kidnapped, but nothing was found to prove any of that."
I looked back at the clipping as Mike walked away.
"Hey wait." I said looking up.
"Hm?" He asked, turning back to me.
"Did the nagas have names or were they never specified?" I asked.
"Uh..." Mike started as he scratched the back of his head, "I think the lady was Krystal, the dude was Dixsa or something...." He trailed off.
He sat and thought for a while.
"I can't really remember the name of the kid, but it was like Ver... Vernon or Vence or something." Mike finally continued, "Why?"
"Just... curious." I replied, putting the clipping back onto the wall.
"Well." Mike started as he started to head for the door again, "I'll let you know if I remember it."
After he left I sat silently, looking through all the gossip people kept bringing for the papers, it was mostly bullshit, but the more interesting ones were put into the papers, after a while Mike ran in.
"Vincent!" He shouted, causing me to jump.
"H-huh?" I asked.
"The naga, his name was Vincent." Mike said, "He was super submissive when people shouted, and would keep his head down and never made eye contact."
All that sounded familiar, my heart sank slightly, I swallowed hard, "D-do you remember what he looked like?" I asked, trying to mask the lump in my throat.
"Well, the crazy dude said the dude and lady were the kids parents, I don't really remember what they looked like but the kid was purple... I think." Mike replied.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing, that naga boy was still alive... all because of me, now.
"Why are you so interested in nagas suddenly?" He asked.
"Uh... well..." I trailed off.
"Oh." Mike said, "I gotcha."
"Y-you do?" I asked.
"You heard about the gossip." Mike said, slightly winking at me.
"Gossip?" I asked.
"A bunch of bandits tried to mug a guy in the forest but he ended up taking them to a supposed naga, they assumed the guy dead and the naga dead as well, since it was slashed in the chest." Mike said.
"Oh, yeah, I heard about that too." I said, knowing the story in detail, "Do you... um... think it could have been Vincent?"
"It's a possibility, it's just a shame he's dead now." Mike said.
"How many years ago did this happen?" I asked.
"About eighteen or so, perhaps before you were even born." Mike said.
"Wait, you're younger than me, how do you remember all this?" I asked.
"Oh, my dad was involved in it, he was an investigator, so he was the one trying to figure out what happened, he told a lot of stories before he died." Mike said.
"Oh..." I said.
"Okay, now that that's outta the way I'm gonna get back to work." Mike said as he started to leave the room.
"Thank you." I said.