Chapter 14 prt 2

I got through the first half of periods with an ease. People were still shocked that I was related to Rae. I think I rolled my eyes over twenty times today, I'm so glad that it was lunchtime, pretending makes me hungry.

We were walking out of her History class when I heard someone shout my name.

"Kristina!"

I turned around to see Matthew running towards me, Rae rolled her eyes before muttering something about going to the library to do some homework.

"Hi Matthew," I told him as he came closer.

He was panting a bit, "you're a hard girl to find," he stated before standing up straight.

I smirked, "you were looking for me?"

"Yeah, I wanted to invite you to sit with me for lunch, Raelan can come too," He told me smiling, his chocolate orbs hopeful that I say yes.

"You know what, I'll take that offer since your the first person to call my cousin by her actual name and not "Freaky Laney"," I told him causing his smile to widen forming wrinkles around his eyes.

"That's great!" He cried, "wait, where's Rae?" he asked as he noticed she wasn't there.

"She went to the library to finish off some assignment," I told him, he nodded, "well then Matt lead the way," I told him and he did.

We strolled into the cafeteria, making our way to the table in the middle of the room.
"Guys this is Kristina," Matthew said as he introduced me to the people at the table.
"Kristina, these are my friends, Samantha but we call her Sam, the twins Caleb and Wesley, Frank, Derek and Annabelle," He told me pointing to everyone.

I waved, "it's nice to meet y'all," I told them as I sat down next to Matthew, Wesley on my right and Derek across from me.

"So you're a transfer student?" Annabelle asked.

"Oh no, I'm just visiting my cousin, Raelan," I said causing Samantha to gasp.

"Close your mouth, Sam, you don't wanna check flies," Caleb told her and she threw a fry at him with a death glare on the side.

"Raelan is your cousin, I mean no offence but she's so nerdy and you're not, I mean I love what you're wearing," Sam said trying to be polite.

"Oh this old thing," I scoffed as I glanced at my outfit.

I was wearing a brown sweater with a black mini skirt that stopper before my knees and a pair of black booties.

"I understand some people can't grasp the fact based on our appearance but yeah she's my nerdy cousin, I love her just as she is, though her closet could use some updating," I finished with a chuckle

"I like you and just to be honest, we don't really bully your cousin, we've actually helped her sometimes and I've actually talked to Ronnie but she's just a bitch that wants to make people miserable, oh sorry for bad mouthing your sister Matt," Annabelle said smiling sadly at Matthew.