Chapter 6. The Decision

Without any resistance from the humans, the angel needed only the last blow, but something bothered him suddenly

Without any resistance from the humans, the angel needed only the last blow, but something bothered him suddenly. Lights appeared from the floor, one to his right, another to his left. They were strange lights, as if they did not deserve the shine they had.

The angel assumed a position of defense for the first time. Isaac and Rachel looked at each other. To them it seemed that the angel was afraid. But what could scare a being with a power like that?

Out of the lights came two macabre beings. They were of a stature similar to that of the angel, rising more than two meters high. Their swords, unsheathed, exhibited the darkened and mistreated metal, crisscrossed at various points. From their backs no wings flapped, but from them hung what seemed to be scraps of wings much destroyed.

"Anazimur." Said one of them.

"Sorath, Crocell." Replied the angel. Their conversation, however, took place in a language unknown to humans, who only observed what followed.

"What are you doing here, brother?" Sorath asked mockingly. A smile spread across his face.

The angel Anazimur further strengthened his position of defense and with all his haughtiness replied:

"I am a servant of the Father, Angel of the Choir of the Thrones, Resident of the First Heaven and obedient to the Superior Celestials. You are not my brothers. Go back to the hole where you came from!"

"Ha!" Crocell reacted, then laughed. "Some ages passed and that's how we're treated. What to say?"

"What do you want, traitors? Get away from here. I do the Father's work."

Crocell and Sorath did not respond, but began to move with long, slow steps around the angel. A flame lit up where they passed and began to grow, forming a small barrier. When Anazimur realized it was late. He raised his sword and attacked Crocell, who only stepped back and laughed when the sword hit the fire and immediately broke, as if it had hit something solid.

Pieces flew across the lane. Some stopped near the humans. The four of them stared at the scene, for the two new beings were horrifying, but Isaac acted, and acted quickly, taking one of the pieces of the blade. It was a big, long piece, almost an improvised dagger, he thought.

"You know what, my brother," Crocell said, holding out his arm and touching the angel with a finger, "we are interested in these humans. You already sent some away. Leave those here to us."

The angel stood still, his face grave. He looked at the two fallen angels now before him, but there seemed to be no way out. Then he turned to the humans.

"Humans." He said, and now Isaac, Rachel, Cauan, and Sarah were able to understand him again. "You stand face to face with Fallen Angels, beings who betrayed your God and now live in the depths of hell. Do not be deceived, You, as much as I, are condemned in their hands. There is no hope for anyone who crosses the path of such abominable things. I can not beat them alone, but we will have a chance as we work together."