06 ✧ 𝒟𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝒮𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝐵𝒶𝒷𝓎

☆彡

☆彡

"So, let me get this straight," Namjoon pushes his glasses up his nose before taking in a huge breath of air. "Yoongi broke up with you, Jungkook came to you for comfort in the middle of the night, and you stole a Hybrid? All in one night? Why the hell did you not tell me any of this sooner?!"

You shushed him for speaking so loud in the middle of class. "Don't say I stole a Hybrid out loud! That's a serious crime..."

"You didn't seem to care about that when you took him straight to your house (y/n)." Namjoon fought back, leaning closer to you in his seat knowingly.

You frowned at him, your good friend Namjoon. You've only known each other since the beginning of this year but you might as well consider him a best friend. You two meeting worked out in the end and now here you are confiding in him about everything that happened with your ex, Jungkook, and the Hybrid.

It's nice to have someone to talk to about this kind of stuff but Namjoon tends to scold you a lot, something about being the older one and having to look out for you. As kind and gentle as he is, sometimes he can be a little over protective.

"Namjoon—"

"Oppa." He corrects, pointing a finger at you.

You roll your eyes. "Oppa, I know this is a lot but could we talk about this after school? You can even come by my place and see him for yourself if you want." You suggested to which he instantly refused.

"I can't. Didn't you say you had a play date with Jungkook too?" He asked and then it hit you. Of course, you did say that. You shut your eyes and nodded, a little bummed out at the plans you had made in the heat of the moment just so Jungkook would stop crying.

"I completely forgot about that." You admit. It sounded fun but you had a lot of homework. You wondered if you could cancel the plans with Jungkook but Namjoon stopped you right there.

"Don't you dare think about not going through with it," He says, leaning closer to your ear so you two wouldn't be heard from the back of the classroom. "Jungkook went to you for advice in the middle of the night. That's a sign—"

"How is that—"

"—And now he's going to come over to your house for some bonding time with his own Hybrid! This is your chance to get over Yoongi." Namjoon pressed and you gave him a look.

"Don't you think it's a little too soon for that? He broke up with me literally yesterday." You said bitterly but Namjoon just kept going.

"Oh, come on. You've been eyeing Jungkook for a while now even when you and Yoongi were together." He said and even though you knew that was partly true you denied it anyway.

"I was loyal!"

"Was," He snorts and you frown. "Listen, I'm not saying you weren't. All I'm saying is that you and Jungkook look good together." Namjoon backs away and goes back to his open notebook on the desk in front of him, his expression showing that he knew you down to the bone.

You eyed the side of his face until a hint of a smile could be seen on him as he ran a hand through his silver colored hair. You rolled your eyes again but smiled anyway. Maybe he's right. Jungkook seems like a genuinely nice guy and he's also very much attractive—but still.

"I can't," You whisper. "I need a little time before I do the whole relationship thing again. Fuck, I was with Yoongi for two years, I can't just get over that." You explain.

With every word you said his features became softer. Looking apologetic he realized he may have gone too far. "Shit...I'm sorry." He finally says. You forgive him, of course.

"It's fine. I do like Jungkook but I can't think about being with him right now. What I should be worrying about is this whole Hybrid situation." You said changing the subject and it was true. You stole him and you're still not sure whether you're entirely safe. The man that left him there seemed quite well off, business-like, and powerful.

If he managed to find out you stole his Hybrid you have no doubt the consequences would be bad—very bad. Namjoon seemed to know this as well since he went on to say his own thoughts about what you did.

"It was reckless but that owner sounded abusive. You did that Hybrid a favor," Namjoon eyed your worried form, his hand going to the dip of your back and rubbing up and down caringly. "Don't stress baby."

You scrunched up your nose at the pet name he suddenly decided to give you, not sure if you like it or hate it.

"What? You don't like me calling you that?" He asked and you shook your head. He shrugged. "Well, you'll always be my baby so you're gonna have to deal with it."

You held back your laughter, covering your mouth once you're teacher glared at the both of you from his desk. Namjoon was such a good friend. You made a mental note on inviting him over to your place some time to hang out properly as official best friends.

...

"Taehyung? Oh!" You smiled down at the small body that ran to you and hugged your waist tightly the second you stepped inside your apartment. Petting his hair, you gently ran your fingers over his cute cat ears, making him snuggle into you even more in content at the touch.

"You're back." He said softly.

"Yeah, I am. Were you okay all alone?" You asked him and he looked up at you cutely, nodding while still holding onto you, chin resting against your stomach as he watched you closely.

You smiled down at him before he suddenly letting out a surprised "Oh!" He grabbed your hand and began to drag you to the living room quickly. He seemed in a rush and you had trouble keeping up with his fast pace even though he was so little.

"W-What is it?" You asked him and before he could answer you, what you saw in your living room gave you enough to figure that out for yourself.

Jungkook hugged his Hybrid close to his chest on your couch, his eyes lighting up at the sight of you and that charming smile of his making it's appearance as usual. He waved excitedly, his small Hybrid doing the same as his owner. "Hey (y/n)! I'm here for the play date! What took you so long?"

ミ☆

note : patience is key my lovelies