#52 The misplaced trust

Start from the beginning

I got angry instantly.

"I will never forgive you for destroying it, It was a result of my painstaking efforts, But you just ruined everything"

"Dont worry" he said. "when the time is right, I will make it up to you" he said.

"You...Arjun..I can't accept you" I said. "I know you have had it bad, I was following surya group for a long time, So I know how difficult it is, It would be a 100 times worse for you since you started it while you were still a child" I said. "And I feel sorry that you have to go through something like that, My heart hurt when I think about the double life you have to do all this time, Keeping your hatred and frustration inside, I really feel sad that you have to go through all of it, Arjun" I said.

"But you should know that I have been following surya group for a long time too, I know a lot about surya law firm, I hated lawyer varun with every fibre in me, I thought he was the one who helped Mahesh and Abiram get away with all the crimes" I looked at him in the eye. "But it was actually you, Arjun" I said.

"Let me talk to you-"

"No, I don't think I will ever change my mind about this" I said.

"I will wait until you are relaxed" Arjun said. "Then I will fill you everything"

"But-" I started.

"Shhh..." he put his finger on my lips, silencing me. "Go to sleep now" He ordered.

"But I haven't finished-"

I stopped again as he took my hands and slipped me to bed gently, He lifted the blanket over me and wrapped me in the covers.

"Good night" He said. "This is a guest room, Sanjana"He said. "You can use my room from now on, It's our room now" He added.

I wanted to retort badly, But I just decided to keep silence.

He's crazy..yea..that's it.

Arjun.

She slept within 5 minutes and I switched off the light and walked out of there, I closed the door carefully.

"Arjun, I made a snack for you" Uncle said.

"It's past midnight, Uncle" I said. "You didn't leave?" I asked. His house is nearby and he usually leaves after his chores.

"You rarely come home Arjun, I should take care of you"

"I am old enough to look after myself" I told him. "You don't have to worry-"

"I will worry about you Arjun!" He said. "Your dad and mom entrusted me to take care of you, It's bad enough that you went missing after the accident and you had to act like one of them-"

"Okay uncle, I understand" I said quickly.

"What are you planning to do now, Arjun, It's not like you are alone anymore, You need to keep her safe" He started nagging.

"I will keep her safe" I said firmly. "I will never let anything happen to her" I said.

This was my promise that I made myself when I found her inside the Ice factory.

"Keeping her safe is not the only thing You should do, Don't leave her alone, How can she survive alone?" He asked me.

"A little more time, Uncle" I said as I picked up his special snack made for me. "I will definitely come back here and stay with her" I said.

"A lot of people came to see her today, She was worried all day" he said.

I nodded, remembering her words.