4

Anna

I got out of the shower and texted Ashton, asking what I should wear for tonight. Lindsey came over earlier to help me get ready for tonight. I was a lot more excited than I thought and I had to admit I'm glad I'm letting myself move on from Luke.

Ashton said to dress casual so I decided on a pair of black leggings and a big black sweater with my Steve Madden combat boots and a turquoise headband. thought I should add some color before I got too much shit for looking like some kind of dark overlord.

I was realizing how much Lindsey and Ashton's personalities were alike; both bubbly, fun, and spontaneous and I wondered why I'd never really given any actual thought to dating Ashton. I mean I was around Lindsey all the time and loved her personality.

my thoughts were interrupted by a text from him saying he was on his way. Lindsey gave me a hug and left, but not before raving about how good I looked.

a few minutes later Ashton showed up with a bag of Chinese take out and the movie Hotrod. apparently we were staying in tonight. we sat in my bed eating from our take out boxes and making jokes, only semi-watching the movie. Ashton must have known me a lot better than I thought because although going out to a fancy dinner is nice, this was my perfect idea of a date. the movie ended and he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of bed.

"time for an adventure" he said excitedly.

~~

we stopped at the store and grabbed two big blocks of ice and a few towels then drove over to a park with a big grassy hill.

"I've never been ice-blocking!" I told him. I was so excited, this has been on my bucket list for so long

"me neither this should be interesting" he said while parking. since it was like 9:45 there was no one at the park but us. we walked to the top of the hill, put the towel over the top of the ice and slid down the hill.

now I'm making this sound easy but I think there was only like two times we made it down without falling off the ice or stopping halfway down the hill. after about an hour of sliding we decided to stop. my butt was practically frozen and I was getting kind of hungry again. we took the towels and laid them out at the bottom of the hill, just looking at the stars and taking selfies. Ashton went to his car and came back with two pillows, a blanket, and a cooler of food.

I lay on my stomach and ate my peanut butter and jelly sandwich while having casual conversation with Ashton. when I finished I flipped over onto my back and cuddled up next to him. we pointed out different constellations we saw and then fell into a comfortable silence.

and then it happened. he kissed me. but it wasn't the same. it wasn't just an emotionless hookup. I felt butterflies in my stomach and warmth in my cheeks.

I felt happy