Chapter 35

I lied in bed the next morning. I had dry crusted tears all over my face. My hair was greasy. I was sweating because of the warm sun constantly peaking through the blinds.

My brother didn't want talk. He said I did nothing wrong. And that's all he said before shutting the door. That's when I just went to bed.

I looked at my phone. 10:13. I had a text from Katie.

Katie: Hey girl! Wanna go to the skate rink or the water park? If you say yes, I don't have to go with my grandma. So please say yes. I don't think I can handle more selfies. I'm all selfied out.

Me: Yeah sure. I'd rather go swimming. We taking one car?

Katie: Let's take my car! You never let me blare the music!

Me: It's just you and I, right?

Katie: Yeah. Girls time.

Me: Cool when you coming to get me?

Katie: Noon.

Me: Alright cool. Are we going to the Multi Play? (And indoor activity center)

Katie: Like duh!

Me: See you then!

I looked at the time again. 10:38. I have a little over a hour to get ready.

I rolled myself out of bed. I figured Katie and I weren't going to swim first, but I decided to put my swimsuit under my cloths anyway. I took my pajamas off. I stood in my closet looking for my new swimsuit my mom bought me last year for my birthday. It was a two piece, blue and purple, it was kind of like a watercolor paint print, and it also had sparked all over the fabric.

When I did find it, I started taking my bra off and then, without knocking, my brother came into my room.

"Get out!" I yelled, and then threw my hair brush at the door. He shut the door, but proceeded to talk through the door.

"Nikki, I'm sorry, but I really need to talk."

"Jakob! You didn't freaking knock!" I yelled quickly putting my swimsuit on and then black sweatpants and a white t-shirt over it.

"Are you dressed?" He mumbled through the door.

"Yes."

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"Yes." I responded.

He walked in with his hands in the pockets of his pants. He walked over to me and gave me a hug. "I'm sorry about last night. I was being a huge jerk." He apologized into my ear.

I pulled away, and went to get my hair brush. "Are you mad at me? Saige told me you weren't mad, but I'm getting a different vibe."

"What does Saige have to do with this?" He paused. "Wait hold on! You thought I was mad at you?"

"Like duh!" I gave him the 'your an idiot look'.

"Oh gosh no. Saige is a good guy. I trust him. Unlike that Seth dude. I don't like him."

I sighed in relief. "Okay good.... Wait! Then what are you mad about?"

Jakob had a worried face appear on his face. He sat on my bed, and then patted the spot next to him. I sat down.

"Um, do you think we could talk?" He asked looking at the ground.

"Yes, What wrong?"

"Wait, are you going anywhere today?"

"Yeah, Katie and I are going to the Multi Play."

"Okay then I'll tell you later. I want you to have a fun day." He told me getting up off my bed.

I grabbed his wrist. "Tell me!"

He shook his head. "No, I'll tell you tonight."

"Please, Jakob." I pleaded as he drug me along with him out of my room. And when I wouldn't let go, he stopped walking, picked me up bridal style, and carried me back to my room. "Jakob! Why won't you tell me?"

"Because I don't want to hurt you. Not yet anyway. Well I don't want to hurt you at all, but I think I will. So please Nikki, go have a fun day. I will tell you tonight I promise."

A/N: hope that was a better ending. What do you think Jakob wants to tell Nikki? Comment your thoughts! Please vote too, if you want! Oh and I'm only posting this today because I'm catching up on my writing schedule. Two more books to update!