Chapter Twenty-Three

"What!" I yelled happily back. "What did he say!"

"Oh well he told me not to tell you."

"No! Please just tell me! Don't you leave me hangin'!"

"Sorry, he said he wanted to tell you."

"Well when is that going to happen?"

"I don't know. Probably pretty soon."

"Ugg, so that's all you called for?!"

"Oh no, I wanted to know about you and crap hole."

"Oh well he spent way too much money on me." I told her, completely ignoring the fact that that she called him a crap hole.

"Like how much?"

"Over 200."

"Gosh...." she paused. "Um, I have to go. Talk later?"

"Yeah. Bye." I said hanging up.

I started my car, and headed home.
•••
I got home and my mom and Jakob looked like they were having a fierce boxing battle on the Wii.... Hey! My mom is home!

"Hey guys, can I play?" I asked them both. My mom looked over at me causing Jakob to beat her. She ran over to me and gave me a big hug.

"I missed you so much!" She told me, squeezing me tighter.

"Missed you too, mom." I responded, hugging her back.

"And yes you can play. What game?"

"Mario Cart!" I said with a smile.

"Oh I'm taking you both down!" Jakob chimed in.

"We'll see about that!" My mom challenged him back.

We played Mario Cart for about an hour or so. Jakob did beat us... like he said he would. That's not going to happen next time. I'm determined to win!
•••
I woke up the next morning, freezing! It was so cold in my room! I didn't want to leave my warm, cozy bed. But, then aging, it was the first day of Thanksgiving break, so I got out of bed.

I grabbed my phone off my nightstand. I had three new messages. They all were from Saige.

Saige: Hey it's your bestest friend on planet earth!

            I need to talk to you.

            So text or call when ever your available.

I smiled. Just seeing those words, knowing he texted them, made me grin ear to ear.

Me: what do you need to talk about?

I stared at my phone. I thought he'd respond right away, but he didn't. So, I got dressed, went upstairs to eat, then headed out.

I arrived at the park. Nobody else was here. Probably because it wasn't exactly warm. I sat my purse down by a tree. I made sure my phone was on loud, just in case Saige called or texted.

I walked over to the beginning of the monkey bars. I pulled myself up through them, and sat on the first bar. I looked around at my surroundings, before I pulled my feet through also. I carefully stood up and balanced on them. Once I was sure I wasn't going to fall, I lifted one leg, closed my eyes, and held my balance.

Doing stuff like this helped me focus. My life is a big wirral wind... always blowing in different directions.

I put my foot down, and sat back down again. I looked at the ground below me. I was focused on one piece of bark.

"Whatcha doing up there?" I jumped at this voice. I looked over my shoulder. At first I didn't recognize the person. They wore a black sweatshirt with the hood pulled over their head, skinny jeans, and skate shoes. I stared at the person. And then it all hit me... my best friend was standing there.

A/n: I'm so sorry it took me so freaking long to update. I literally have had no spare time. So here's a nice cliff hanger.

Please vote and comment!