Chapter Five

I'm so glad it's Friday!

Baylee: Guys I'm so ready for the game today!!!

Katie: Same... we r going to crush those annoying butt holes!!!

Me: What r u guys talking about?

Katie: Please tell me u r joking!!

Me: What r u guys talking about??? I really don't know!!

Baylee: Omg!!!! Katie she doesn't remember!!!

Saige: Nikki we r scrimmaging the boys.

Me: that's today?!

Baylee: YA!!! DUHHHH!!!

Katie: You need to start getting some more sleep Nikki.

Me: Guys I have another dance tryout... I can't make it. Sorry 😞

Katie: of course you do....

The conversation ended there. My friends were officially pissed at me. I can't help it that my last opportunity happened to be at the same time as the scrimmage. It's not my fault. I guess they just don't understand how much this means to me.
•••
I arrived at school. My friends weren't in our usual meeting spot. So, I guess I'm on my own today. Which I'm fine with. I've done it before. It just gets really boring. And not to mention it makes you look like you have no friends.

As I was approaching my locker, I felt my shoulder get tapped. I turn around to see Eva.

"Hi!" She greeted me with great cheer.

"Oh hey, I didn't know you went to this school."

"It's because this is my first day."

"Cool. Wanna hang out?"

"Yes, that would be great!"

We started to walk and that's when I realized we are walking to my first period. "So, Eva, what is your first period?"

"I have science with Mr. Allin. Do you think you could show me his class please?"

"No problem, but we are going to need to turn around." I said starting to laugh. We turned around and went the other way. She didn't say anything else, which made me feel awkward. I always feel like I have to keep the conversation going. Weird right? "So how did your dance tryout go?"

"Oh it was great! We all made the team. What about yours?"

"Umm... they want me to come back today at four." I said with an unsure voice.

"That's good right?"

"Ya, but they are not sure if they want me."

"Oh well you will get it!" She said so positively. "Oh! We forgot to exchange numbers yesterday. Could we do that at lunch or something?"

"Oh ya, that would be great! Meet me by my locker after class and we can walk to second period together."

"Ok bye!" She said walking into class. I turned around and went to my class.