Chapter 25

We arrived at my house. Katie and I were secretly planning something evil, while driving. Saige, unaware of what's going to happen because he doesn't easy drop on phone conversations, is in for treat. He doesn't know Katie, for some reason, has water guns in the trunk of her car.

I helped Katie take her bags inside because she had twice as many as Saige. "So when are we going to attack?" I asked quietly.

"When he's least expecting it." She paused to shut her car door. "When I put my hand on your shoulder, I'll make up a distraction. Then we will go get our guns and attack."

I smirked at her. "Got it!"
•••
After we ate dinner, the three of us sat outside by the fire. We were also making s'mores. Katie sat on the opposite side of me, and Saige sat in between us.

"What time is it?" Katie asked turning her marshmallow for the perfect golden brown look.

Saige looked at his phone. "8:46."

She nodded. "Nikki, you should come with me. I want to show you something."

"Okay?" I said getting up to follow her. We walked into my house. "What do you want to show me?"

"Oh nothing. I just wanted to go get the water guns." She said smirking.

"Oh! I totally forgot we were doing that!"

"How could you forget! That's all I've been thinking about!"

"I don't know." I said as she handed me my water gun.

"Let's do this."

We looked around the corner of the house. Saige was sitting in the same spot we left him, eating a s'more he made. We causally walked over to him, hiding the guns behind our backs.

"What took you girls so long?" He mumbled threw the gooey goodness.

"Oh nothing just this!" Katie told him, and in a split second, we were spraying him with water.

He got up and was running around the yard trying to get away from us. We all laughed and screamed. I bet the neighbors weren't very happy.

He laughed holding his hands out trying to block the water. He jumped, ducked, and rolled trying to dodge the water. His hair flapped up and down as he ran. I could see the water drops fly of every strand of hair. At times he'd be facing me, smiling his perfect smile.

Then he came after us. He ran right into the water being sprayed at him, and tackled me like we were playing football. He grabbed my gun. That caught Katie off guard, making it easy for him to snatch her gun right from her hands. "Three can play at this game!" He smirked and started chasing and spraying us. Now it was our turn to run.
•••
Later, after we all were done acting like children, we sat by the fire wrapped up in towels I had gotten from my bathroom. We weren't talking. Weren't eating. Just staring into the fire. Relaxing right?

When it about 10:30, Katie told us she was going to bed. She always goes to bed earlier then everyone else.

Saige and I sat side by side, staring at the fire. Then he spoke up. "So how life?"

I looked at him strangely. "Life has been, well, confusing."

"How so?" He asked still looking at the fire.

"I'm just confused. About Baylee leaving us, wondering if I'm going to keep doing dance or play soccer, why Seth wants me to play soccer so bad. Why my mom is all of a sudden taking interest in my life."

"You wanna play soccer?!" He asked starting to smile a little.

"Kind of. My dance career isn't going so well. Ski just makes is horrible."

He grinned, but then frowned. "Who's this Seth guy?"

"He's in my computer class. He likes me."

"And is the feeling mutual?"

"No not really. At first I thought I was, but that changed. And I don't know why. Maybe it's because he followed Katie and I one day. I've just had some time to dwell on things, and the feeling I get around him have changed."

"He better not hurt you, or you are going to have to visit me in jail." Saige stated then laughed a little.

"We aren't together. And I don't wanna be."

"Sounds like he wants to be."

"Yeah well, to bad."

Silence fell for a few moments.

"Soooo..." he paused and looked at me. "You wanna play soccer...."

I smiled and gave him a friendly punch on the arm. "Yes you can help me."

"That's great because I wasn't going to give you a choice." He told me then gave me a hug. "Let's get some sleep."

"You can go. I'll be in in a few minutes. Im going to put the fire out." I told him and he got up and went inside.

Instead of putting the fire out right away, I went into my treehouse. I found my drawing book laying on the floor. I turned it to the next page. Tonight's drawing was the three of us holding water guns, smirking at each other.

I stared at my finished drawing. I think my life is almost back on track. I'm just missing a couple bolts.

A/N: you like the chapter??? If so that's great! I will try to update this week. Possibly next Sunday. Please vote and comment! Thanks for reading!