Chapter 20

I woke up this morning, and it was cold! The temperature dropped so fast. Thankfully, when I looked out my window, there was no snow. Because it's getting closer to winter time. Well kind of... we haven't even had thanksgiving break yet. That's in two days though.

I decided black leggings and a gray sweatshirt would be appropriate for the change of weather. I pulled my hair into a simple pony tail. And since I'm also feeling lazy today, no makeup sounds great.

I went down stairs and my mom was already gone. I only knew because she left a note on the counter. I made myself some toast, and put peanut butter in it. It was only 6:50, I had ten minutes to enjoy this delicious toast.

I got to school with ten minutes to spare. I wasn't going to stop a chat with anyone, I didn't it have time. But, apparently, I didn't luck on my side today. I was stopped by two girls yelling at me.... From across the hall.

I walked over to them causally. I don't even know who they are. "Um, where you talking to me?"

"Yes, sorry. Please don't think we are weird. We're both just so happy to see you." The red head said.

I paused before talking. Why in the hell are they happy to see me?! Who are these girls? "Uhh? Who are you guys?"

"Omg!" She slapped her hand onto her forehead and sighed. "I'm sorry, this is Amber and I'm Mae. We would like to talk to you about soccer."

I looked down at my Fitbit. I had five minutes to grab my stuff and get to class. "Uh, sorry to interrupt, but can we talk later, like at lunch? I really need to get to class."

"Oh, yeah, sure. I guess we should probably get to class too." Mae said. 

"Thanks." I said going around them.

First and second period were so boring! It felt like they lasted for five hours! The whole time all I wanted to do was tell Seth what happened and what will happen.

I got into third period really early because I practically ran there. I was the second one in class. I sat down and waited for Seth to walk in the door. My eyes were glued to the entrance.

Sure enough he walked in two minutes later. The corners of my mouth started to tug. I was sitting on the edge of my seat. Why was I so eager to tell him?

"What's up with you? You seem extra happy." He said sitting down in his chair.

"Guess what!" I said a little too excitedly. 

"Um, you woke up this morning and your mom bought you a pet elephant." He guessed.

"Nope." I paused to let my smile get bigger. His face looked puzzled. His eyes were searching mine. He started to smile. "Do you know Mae and Amber?"

"Yes...."

"They approached me this morning."

"And?"

"They said they wanted to talk about soccer."

"What did they say?" He asked as his smile got a little bigger.

"I asked if they could tell me at lunch." His smile fell. Bummer. I liked it when he smiled.

"You got my hopes up." He said then turned to turn his monitor on.

"Huh?"

"I thought you where going to tell me you got offered to play with varsity."

"Oh ya right!" I said starting to laugh a little. I turned my monitor on, then looked back at him. He was staring at me. "What?!"

"You don't give yourself enough credit." He smirked, and turned his body forward. "And I'm going to change that."

A/n: hey, short chapter, I know. But I'm trying to leave off on cliff hangers. Keep reading this story because I think you will like what I have planned for the end of the story. Hehehe... *smiles evilly* Bye for now! *waves like an idiot*

Please vote and comment!