Chapter One

All I did was sit there. I did not move a muscle. I was as stiff as a tree. It felt like my stomach was a swirling pit of bad news. I had no idea what the end result was going to be. Then my name was called by a lady with curly, gray hair, Mrs. Thunderbuddy....

Mrs. Thunderbuddy was a legend. She worked as college professor. Everyone loved her. She was a mysterious woman, and very few knew why. When she retired, everything changed.

As I walked closer to the stage, the burning sensation that a million people were watching me fell upon me, but only three judges and my best friend Saige were watching.

Walking on stage, I felt like they already hate me, even though I haven't done anything yet. I felt like falling over and never getting back up. But I couldn't, because this was my only shot.

As soon as I stepped onto center stage, they gave me a second then started the music and dimmed the lights. I knew my routine very well. I practiced and practiced until I reached my goal. But, my nerves where getting the best of me. I could feel my legs start to tremble, my hands start to shake, and I started to sweat really bad. I tried to get control and keep my tears back, but the nerves and the stress got to me.... I was done.

I headed straight for the locker room. I didn't even wait for Saige. I was speed walking toward the other end of the gym, letting out anger and frustration through curse words. I pulled the door open, slammed it shut, then I sat down on the bench and let my tears of anger out.

Saige came bursting in like a bull in a China shop. He looked pissed. He took one look at me then just sat down and hugged me.

"You can't be in the girls locker room." I said with sobs in between words.

"Do you think I care?" He said back with a stern but funny voice.

"No." I said back with no sobs. There was no more questions after that. He wouldn't let me talk. He also didn't let go of me. He was like a warm teddy bear, never left my side.

"Ok, I'm going to change now." I said while pulling away.

"Ok, I will wait for you outside." He said with a little smile.

Minutes later, Saige and I were almost to our cars. He walked with me to mine, making sure I got inside with the doors locked. Then I sat there watched him walk to his car. As soon as he was in, I started my blue Subaru and drove off.

When I got home, I grabbed a cold hamburger that was left on the counter for me and went down to my room.
I threw my stuff on the floor, turned on my little lamp, and then sat down and ate my hamburger.

After my dinner was gone, I opened my sketch book and started drawing. Every night, I draw something that shows how my day went. Like what I was feeling and what happened. Tonight's drawing was a cartoon me on me knees crying, with cartoon Saige hugging me from behind.