What a match I'm half doomed and you're semi sweet

Before we arrived I wanted to make sure to talk with vikki before the upcoming crazy schedule with all the trainings, the interviews, kissing the sponsors ass, I have to cheer for her.

So I went to her room and knocked the door but no answer, I give up on knocking and start talking behind the door “ Vikki I know this event is getting the best of us , but can we talk as I don’t think there will  other chances for it”

There was silent but later finally she opens the door and went back to the chair and beckoned me to sit
.
Patrick: “so about what happened there listen, you can do this okay you’ve worked hard for it since I knew you”

Vikki: “it’s not that Patrick” she sighed and put her palm in her face “you know why you were my best friend? Its because you have no interest to be career tribute or join the hunger games at all, so I had no worries that there might be a chance we will be enemies, while I was training with the others I made sure that we are nothing but partners in the since there is a chance that I have to kill them later , but now this happened ”

Patrick: “Vikki if that’s your only worry then I believe you have none”

Vikki: “how is that?”

Patrick: “well there is hundreds of alterative way for me to die; you don’t have to kill me”

Vikki: “what if we are the only one who remains?”

Patrick: “I can’t believe that I have to answer that , do you actually think that can happen? Let’s say some miracle did happen and we remained last , still we don’t have to kill each other , the Arena design already filled with other things that can kill us so let them do it wherever we die from either animals or sickness or flood or even old age ! I don’t care as long we don’t kill each other”. She made a courtesy laugh I believe as its obvious that my answer didn’t make any different.

Vikki: “Patrick I will be gravely honest here, am sorry but I won’t make such promise and neither do you, if you have chance to kill me do it and I will do the same” I tried to interpret but she won’t let me
“Listen! This game only one will live & just like I will fight till the end everyone will & I suggest you do the same , friends or not , none of us wanted for this to happened but it did so you either get busy living or get busy dying instead of lying all day in bed”

I remained silent  what am I supposed to say after all that , she said that she need to sleep so I left & went back to my room.

She is right if I want to go back home, then I better do just like my father said “one way or a million