Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying

So we went to the training hall with all the 24 tributes, after we gathered around the instructor she started: “In two weeks 23 of you will be dead One of you will be alive” wow what a great start , and I really appreciate the constant reminder of that .
She continued: “Who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next four days Particularly to what I'm about to say”

“First. No fighting with the other Tributes You'll have plenty of time for that in the arena, There are four compulsory exercises, the rest will be individual training, My advice is...Don't ignore the survival skills Everybody wants to grab a sword but most of you will die from natural causes, 10% from infection, 20% from dehydration and Exposure can kill as easily as a knife.
Now you can start.

As everyone ran to the weapon section, I was the only one who went to the books section as a the manager of “look for food” I need to know what we can & can’t eat there and most importantly how to treat an injury since apparently I can see the near future.

I also kept a note and a pen to observe the other tributes and analyze their skills and if there is another alliance potential.

I notice the tributes from district 10, 11, 12 were together, well what I can say Misery loves company I guess, these district are known how harsh & poor environment they are.

But what surprised me is the guy from district 3 Tyler Joseph & the other one from district 5 Josh Dun, that was the weirdest team, they were doing something to their weapons using wires and didn’t talk at all not sure how the communicate or how the hell they became allies in the first place.

Later the instructor called us for the compulsory exercises but I lost my shit when I saw what its , climbing robes which was attached so high in the roof , some started & made it immediately and others tried and failed while me in the other hand turned my back to it , that’s until I heard my instructor “ Mr Stump come back you have to do it RIGHT NOW ”
“No”
“You have to, this is mandatory”
“NO HAVE YOU SEE WHO HIGH ITS?!!!”
“Yes, now start climbing”
I laughed “you are not serious, I never been in my house rooftop and you want me to climb this?!!”
“Listen Mr, I don’t care about your fear, I have to put a check that you went through this training so it doesn’t matter to me as long you touch the rope”.

& the exactly what I did, I touched it and went back to my books and observation, it’s not like the hunger games about who climb faster or something, plus I won’t survive just because am the top climber in my class.

I kept reading about all the traps & the creatures that we may face in there, also the plants we can use for food or medicine or even suicide since there is a lot of poisoning stuff in there”

After that we went back to the apartment, while we are having dinner Joe asked me about what I did there so I told him about the books and of course I scratched the Rope climbing incident, and while I was talking he started to get angry for some reason and I got scared, I mean I know we are same age and all but I never see him angry before!. 
Joe: “so beside reading and observing you did nothing?!” in a very low voice
Patrick: “yes, why? Something wrong” I can see he is trying his best to not grab my hair and hit my face in the table repeatedly 
Joe: “if reading books what you want, then I will bring them here”
Patrick: “………………………” forget it I will stab myself no need for him to do that ,god damn it why I always do things thinking am smart only to get smashed later that NO am not am an idiot trying to be one 
The dinner went silent after that , guess now I made everyone loss hope about my winning , oops sorry that hope never exist , I meant the hope of living for 1 day 
No brain or brawn

The Next Day:-

This time I was the one who run to grab a weapon first, I tried many but some are too heavy that I can’t even carry it , but finally I found something I was good at which is the bow , I shocked myself despite the fact that this is my first time still I was able to shoot the target! , I can see my alliance and the instructor where staring not believing what they are seeing.

The other thing I discovered I was good it was the camouflage since I was good at painting, there is no much difference except to draw in my body.

The next day I trained more in bow to solid my aim, later Andy called me to the trap station, he have an idea about using the mine trap in the arena by dig it out after deactivate it and later plan it around our camp for protection which was genius idea to me so he started to teach me how so I can assist him later .

In the apartment Joe trained me how to build a tent and other thing you can learn outside the training station since I already wasted my first day there.
He spent a lot of time teaching me, which am really grateful for, as Vikki being a career tribute she is already experienced in all of this so she didn’t really need his help he spent all of his time with me.

While he was giving me some tips the bell rang so I went to open the door only to get freak out and scream back to the living room, which probably you can guess what was there, the avox! 
Don’t judge me, try seeing them when you are a kid you will be traumatized just like me.

Anyway Joe shake his head and went to open the door, later he came back and called Vikki and gave us a letter from Gabe inviting us to his apartment so we went there directly with Joe along.

As soon we knocked Gabe opened the door and pointed to sit in the sofa next to Elisa, Andy and Michelle, there is also the mentor from district 1 Travie McCoy & the mentor from district 2 Ray Toro.

as soon Joe and Travie meet they make this loud greetings and laughing and when they were about to smoke, well I give the strongest death glare I could, so they grabbed their drinks and left the room.

I have no Idea how they are mentors since they are doing it in the shittiest possible way, except for Ray! oh boy he is so cool, you should see his match am glad I record it, all the traps he made will blow your mind .

Gabe: “so the reason why I called is the game is close, so we need some planning here so what are we going to do as soon the game start we will run to the Cornucopia ASAP , and we will start killing anything that moves to take control of it, and after we do that, we will collect everything we need & burn the remain supplies and start wondering around the arena , any better idea or all clear”

Usually a lot recommend avoiding the bloodbath but since we have a big alliance we may be the one who is spilling it.

Patrick: “we are not the only alliance with 6 people the tribute from 10,11,12 are too”
Gabe: “I don’t care if all the other 18 tribute are one alliance we will run fast and start killing”
Elisa: “is there other alliance you know about?”
Patrick: “yes, Josh & tayler”
Michelle: “these two are so weird, I don’t even know how they are planning, they just keep making stuff silently.”
Andy: “after we take the supplies I need take some time to deactivate the land mine that we need to plant in night around our camp” 
Gabe: “we can do that”
Ray : “ who can use the range weapon here?”
Me & Elisa raise our hand

Ray: “you two start shooting the other tribute while the remain should stay inside the Cornucopia and only fight when someone gets in , also I will make sure that you will receive what you need during the game from the sponsors ” we nod and start talk about the other traps & strategies we can use.

It’s always been this way , district 1 , 2 ,4 same alliance every hunger game, and only fight each other when no one else remains , not to mention we are the richest districts so we can receive a lot of sponsors there , am so glad am part of this team.

We ended the meeting, and went to our rooms as we need to rest well for tomorrow interview