Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

"Way to go, babe" Killua said, hugging me. "That's 4 point for us... We win" I said. "Yeah... But you still need to spend the time you loose in the room" Lippo said.

Then....

-Third Phase: Hunting or Hunted-

Y/N P.O.V

We made it to the bottom of the tower the last minute. All thanks to Gon's idea.

Flashback

We are all thinking of a way to make everyone pass this phase. We are standing in a room, with a lot of weapon.

A short way but only 5 people could go or a long way where everyone could go. Tonpa told us that it should be Leorio, since he's the one who messed things up. Then all the sudden he starts attacking me. Killua protects me. I walk forward to Tonpa and grab his collar "listen here you punk! At least Leorio tries something, unlike you! You give up even before you try to fight. You're nothing but a coward! If anything... You're the one who should stay behind" I spat, glaring at him.

"Guys! Stop fighting, I have an idea" Gon said. We follow his idea. We took the long path and make a hole to create a way to the short path.

End of flashback

"Thanks to Gon, we made it" I say, patting Gon's back. "Yupp! Good job, Gon" Leorio said. Gon just laugh sheepishly, clearly not use to being complimented.

Time-skip

We are now standing in a ship. Across from us is an island. "Now... You will come forward according to your rank in the previous phase and take a card. It'll determine your target to pass this phase" said the examiner.

One by one we step forward to take our target tag (I forgot to mention, as you all know Killua is #99. You'll be #100, since you came the same time). I wait for my turn to take the card.

It's finally my turn, I walk forward and reach in the box. When I took out the card. 'Its blank' I thought to myself, as I stare at the white card in my hand. I just shrug and walk back to the others. The others finally get their card.

"Alright! You may now remove the sticker" the examiner said. I look at the card in realisation 'Oh... There's a sticker' I thought to myself. I reach up and remove the sticker. #301 is written on the card. My eyes widened. '301... It's, oh no' I thought as I start shaking.

Someone place a hand on my shoulder and I flinch. I turn around and relax once I notice it's Killua. "What's wrong, babe?" He asks, worried. I hide the card "I-it's nothing" I say. "Are you sure?" He asks, clearly not convinced. I nod my head and try to muster up a smile. He nod his head "okay..." He said and smile at me.

I can't let him know. He'll be worried. Killua is about to say something, but he was cut off when the examiner starts to talk again. "Alright! Now you'll be going to the island. You have 5 days to complete the test" the examiner said. The first one to go is Gittarackur. My target.

I just keep shaking as I wait for my turn to come. After a couple more people to go, it's finally my turn. Killua gives me a side hug "be careful out there, 'Kay?" He said. I turn to him and nod my head. He kiss my forehead gently.

Then I turn to the island and take a breath. I run forward and jump from tree to tree. 'What should I do?' I thought. I can't go after him, it's a suicide. I don't want to face him. I'll just hunt for 3 people. Yeah... That'll work.

I proceed to make my way and search for 3 people. I found them, I sense that their aura is weaker than mine.

I jump down. They looks at me in shock. Then they relax "it's just a girl..." One of them said. I begin to tear up. "C-can you guys h-help me? I don't know my way back... I-I g-got s-separated from m-my c-crew" I said, in a crying tone. They looks at me in worried. I try to bit back my smirk. They've fall right into my trap. They walk with me. I let them walk in front of me. When they turn around to look at me, I'm no where in sight. I appear behind one and kick his head. Then disappear and reappear behind another and hit his neck, same with the third one. I gather their tag. "I'm sorry for that... You shouldn't trust anyone" I say smirking.

I run off before they wake up. I jump on top of a tree and just sit there. Someone would be targeting me. I have to keep my guard up.

I close my eyes and meditate while still focusing on my surrounding. I heard a twig snap beneath me. I open my eyes alarm and looks down. I see someone wondering around. "Where could that girl be?" I heard him say. I just stayed silent as I watch him"#100... Which one it is?" He continue. So... I'm his target.

Then I jump down and land on top of him. I pin him on the ground "I'm where you least expected" I say, darkly. Then I knock him out. I already have 6 points, so I don't have to take his. But I'll just take it.

5 days soon ended. I passed along with my friends. Now we're on the ship to the next phase.

I just sit in silent as I place my head on my palm, which is resting on my knee. I heard footsteps coming closer and someone sitting next to me. I already know who it was. I smile and lean my head on his shoulder. He wrap his arm around my shoulder.  "I knew you would pass the phase, babe" Killua said, kissing the top of my head.

Then...

*to be continued*