Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3

Killua P.O.V

I notice Y/N has fallen asleep. I look down to see her face. I frown. I wipe her access tears. Then I pull her closer. 'What's wrong with her? Why is she acting like this? Who make her like this?' So many questions run through my mind. I need to find out soon. I need to find a way to cheer her up. I close my eyes and slowly falls asleep.

-I'm Sorry-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been 4 days. Illumi keep shooting me a look as the time passes. Tomorrow will be the last day. I don't know what to do. I love Killua... I don't want anything to happen to him. But I can't just leave him. He'll be in pain. I would too.

It's early in the morning. But I don't get any sleep last night. I can't sleep at all. I have to think of something. I have to make a choice. I can't let Illumi hurts Killua. If marrying him is the only way for Killua to be safe. Then I guess I have no choice. I just wish Killua would understand.

I'm gonna spent my last day together with him. It's a good thing Killua don't have any mission today.

I got up from the bed and heads towards the bathroom. I was up and prepare myself for the day. I dress up nicely. This is the day I'll make a choice. I look at myself in the mirror. Tears begin to pool in my eyes. 'No... I shouldn't be crying... I did this for Killua. So he'll be safe' I thought to myself.

I got out of the room and head off to look for Killua. He's the first one to leave the room today. I pretend to be asleep.

I found him on top of a tree. "Killua!" I call out for him. He looks down and smile at me. I move back slightly, since I know he'd jump. I was right... He jumps down. He stands straight and smile at me. "Let's hang out" I said. "Sure!" He said. Then he made a thinking face "but what are we gonna do?" He asks. "Hmm... Let's have a picnic" I said. "Good idea. Then it's a date" he beams. I blushed, but then a frown appear on my face as I know it'll be our first and last date. I quickly get rid of the frown on my face, hoping Killua wouldn't notice.

Killua P.O.V

I notice Y/N's lips forms into a frown. I furrow my eyebrows. 'What's happening to her? She seems bothered by something... But what?' I thought.

We head home to prepare some food and things we need for the picnic. Once we get everything ready. I held Y/N's hand as we start making our way to look for a perfect picnic spot.

After a while of walking. We finally found the perfect spot. We quickly laid out everything and take a seat on it.

We talk about random things that would come in mind

We talk about random things that would come in mind. Then all the sudden, Y/N became silent. I turn my head to look at her, to see her with her head down. She seems to be deep in thought. "Y/N? Is something wrong?" I asks, worried.

Y/N P.O.V

"Y/N? Is something wrong?" I heard Killua asked. After Killua asked that. I just look down. I'm thinking of what he'll do after I announce that I don't wanna marry him. That I wanna be with Illumi instead.

I look up at him. "Killua..." I start. He just look at me in silent. I move myself and seated myself in front of him. I held his hands in mine. He waited for me to continue. "Killua... You know that I love you, right?" I asks. "Yeah... Of course and I love you too" he said. "So... Whatever happens tonight. I hope you'll always remember that it's for the best. I hope you'll understand my choice" I said. He looks at me with more confusion. "Y/N... What are you talking about?" He asks.

"I can't tell you... But I really hope you'll understand" I said, I can't tell him. Killua, even though he's scared of Illumi. If he's angry, he can be reckless. I don't want him to find out, because if he did, he'll try and attack Illumi. He'll end up getting hurt... Or worse... Die. Then I move away from him and laid my head on his lap. I look up at him and smile "I love you, Killua" I said. I close my eyes and falls asleep.

Dinner Time

Y/N P.O.V

It's time for dinner. I take a seat next to Killua on my right and Illumi on my left. The rest of the family is on their own assigned seat.

The dinner is pretty much in silent. I look around me to see if everyone have finished their dinner. Once I made sure everyone did. I got up of the chair. "Excuse me... I would like to say something" I said, with my head down. But I can feel their eyes on me. "What is it, Y/N-Chan" Kikyo said. I look up at everyone and turn my attention to Killua. I smile at him. Then I look back at the others. "I... I would like to cancel my wedding with Killua" I said. Gasp of shock was heard around the room.

Killua gets up from his seat and turns me to face him with his hands on my shoulders. "W-what are you s-saying, Y/N?! Cancel the wedding?! Are you crazy?" He screams at me. I try to fight back the tears that's threatening to appear. I put an emotionless face "no I'm not... My decision is made. I'm not in love with you. I never have" I said. I move away from him and stand next to Illumi's seat. I place my hand on his shoulder. "I'm in love with Illumi.... And I want to marry him not you" I said. Illumi got up from his seat and wrap his arm around my shoulder. I try not to shake and give away my act. Killua's eyes widened as shook his head in denial, then he turns around and run out of the room.

I watch as his figure is getting smaller and smaller, until he was out of our sight. I just stand there, staring at the spot where Killua previously stand. A tear escape my eye as I quickly wiped it off. Illumi leans down and whispers to my ear "good choice, Y/N. You're mine now." But all I could think about is Killua. The pain I saw in his eyes after my announcement.

I'm sorry... Killua. I love you so much. This is for the best

*to be continued*