05 ✧ 𝒪𝓃𝑒 𝑀𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒟𝒶𝓎

☆彡

☆彡

Your heart felt heavy as you stared at the bright screen from your phone in the darkness that enveloped your room. The last text message your ex sent you sending small spikes of pain to your heart as you read it over and over again.

Yoongi : We need to talk

It was so simple yet so heartbreaking now that you knew the hidden context of it. You called him immediately after you read it, scared and unsure of whether he was in trouble or something along those lines.

Then you were greeted by his voice, a voice you thought only carried love and affection towards you, but instead carried this coldness you never knew existed before that point. You huffed in annoyance at how it all went down.

Over the goddamn phone.

You looked away from your screen and up to your ceiling, the morning sunshine slowly pouring into your room from outside. You closed your eyes and tried to figure out who he could have been talking about when he said he found someone else.

Who could it have been? It made you even sadder when you realized he could have very well been cheating on you this entire time and you opened your eyes again. You had to get over him, even if it was hard. He was an ass no doubt, you had more important things to worry about.

More important things like Taehyung.

Right. He had to choose. Either stay with you or go back to his owner. You weren't sure where his owner was exactly but the street where you found him wasn't that far away. If he wants to...you know where to go—sort of.

You pouted. You hoped he would stay with you. It would be really nice to have someone around to keep you company, to talk to about your day, to just have someone here. Plus, he's super adorable.

You got up and checked the time. It was 7am and you had classes a little later starting at 9 until 3. You wondered if Taehyung would like scrambled eggs and bacon as you walked out of the room and into your kitchen to make breakfast.

...

"Taehyung?" You shook him awake, his eyes opening slowly before finally landing on you. He rubbed his left eye as he yawned, his fluffy ears leaning back because of it. You stopped yourself from calling him cute because you didn't want him to think you were weird but...god was he cute.

"Hungry? I made breakfast?" You said and he nodded, still a little sleepy as he reached out for you. He wrapped his arms around your shoulders and you picked him up as his soft tail curled up against you.

His tiny body in your arms made you smile. You almost felt motherly as you carried him out of the room and into the kitchen, setting him down on the stool next to yours.

"What do you want to drink? Orange juice? Chocolate milk? Or just water—"

"Hot chocolate!," He suddenly squealed in excitement before covering his mouth politely. "Oh, I'm sorry. I mean, please?" He said and you couldn't help but grin.

You ruffled up his brown hair and nodded. "Of course." You said before walking passed him and reaching up to the cabinets where the chocolate powder was sitting.

After putting the cup of milk in the microwave to heat up you decided to bring up the topic both Taehyung and you should talk about before you leave for school.

"So, I have to go to school soon. I'll be back in a couple hours but I'm not sure if you still want to stay with me or not..." You weren't sure how to word this correctly but Taehyung seemed to understand you nonetheless.

He had a little piece of bacon on his bottom lip and you reached over naturally to clean it off of him. "If you don't want to stay then I'll help you get back to your owner. If you do decide to stay with me then you'd have to stay here alone for a little while...um, what do you want to do?"

You sat back and watched him stare at you with those big round eyes you're already getting used to seeing. He blinked, looked down, then looked back up at you before saying,

"Can I stay just one more day before I decide?" He looked scared at how you would respond but you were more than happy at his choice.

"Yeah, sure! However long you need!" You said incredibly relieved. Taehyung deserves a good and safe place to grow up. He deserves to be happy, everyone deserves that. You smiled and hurried him to finish up his food so you could clean the dishes before you left for school.

...

Throwing your bag over your shoulder you went over everything once more so that Taehyung would be okay while you were gone. You made sure he could watch TV in the living room, set some snacks you had on the counter if he gets hungry, and you promised him when you got back that you'd both go grocery shopping for real food for dinner tonight.

Almost leaving, you stopped and turned around. Leaning down, you gave him a quick kiss on the head not feeling so strange this time when you did. "Be safe, okay? And don't burn the house down, please?"

He giggled, he freaking giggled. You said one last goodbye before shutting your door and leaving him be in your apartment. You would be lying if you said you weren't nervous with him all alone but it would be fine. You trusted him to be careful while you were gone.

—Meanwhile—

"Where the fuck did that little shit go this time!?"

Both men behind the even larger man kneeling down on the cement ground looked shocked over his sudden outburst. They knew better than to say anything about it, though, as he stood back up and turned around to face the both of them.

"You know what? Let him be for the day. We've got plenty of other good looking Hybrids to use. That way the beating he's gonna get when I find him will be ten times worse than before..."

With a huff, he pushed passed the two men and jumped into the sleek black car, fumes practically coming out of his ears.

"One more day—only today. After that we get his ass back here for his clients that are already annoying the hell out of me with requests. Can you two get in the car already?"  He ordered, the two other men nodding quickly, scrambling to get inside as fast as possible.

Meanwhile : End—

ミ☆