Reality

Maxxines P. O. V.

I stand in a state of disbelief staring him dead in his eyes. I try to gather my thoughts and feelings as well. Did he really just say that to me? Well what the hell do I say back to that? Come on strong Maxx, where the hell are you? We're running out of time to respond! "Well you better control yourself cause I have no problem locking my door or kicking your ass for that matter."

His nose flares and he scoffs, "Maxx, what the fuck? So you're officially done with me? How can you push aside what we have-"

I put my hand up to cut him off and give him another shocked look, "Excuse me but I think you meant to say had not have, first of all. Second, you think I can easily forget how you treated me? How you made me feel like shit for attempting to move on, but you can fuck everyone in the entire state of California. Yeah, no. Fix who you are, grow up and find yourself. Then maybe, just maybe I will think about having a fucking future with you. Goodnight Daniel Vellent."

He stares at me in disbelief, "Maxx-" I snap one eyebrow up quick, "What? What can you possibly say back that doesn't sound remotely pathetic? You know, you were becoming this strong man. I once thought we could rule the world together. What happened to that? What happened to you? Oh? The miscarriage. Right, I forgot that you were the only one to be affected by that. You were the only one to deal with the trauma of not only being physically hurt but the mental trauma of knowing what you wanted to create fade. I didn't experience any of it. Only you."

His stare grows cold, those sad blues turn into ice. Another once over and they become apologetic. "I am so sorry Maxxine. I never meant to hurt you like I did. It took me a while to realize my wrongs and that makes me a bigger asshole. I should have protected you and listened. Instead I blamed and accused you. I should have believed you, but instead I abandoned you. I am so sorry but I understand my words won't simply fix the issues I caused after the fact. Please hate me for that but don't hate me for still loving you. I am telling you right now, I will not stop. I can't stop. You are my everything."

He steps closer to me and that cologne grows stronger, don't give in. "Maxx, I will never stop wanting you. Outside of your personality, you are stunning. You're funny, and you care for everyone you meet. You've been through hell and back, it molded you into greatness, not self pity which is rare. You're also just fucking beautiful."

Hold it together Maxx, don't fall for it. Remember the pain he has put you through, you don't deserve it.

"Ya know what Daniel, i'm not falling for it. I fell for the hype one too many times, not this time. You and I both have a lot of growing to do and if you don't even wanna do that in hopes for a healthier relationship in the future, then let's call it a quits now."

I look at him for a minute or two and he puts his head down, " You're right Maxx, but I'm gonna be blunt as hell and let you know that this new you is even sexier than the old you. Sweet dreams Maxx."

I grab him by his arm while he tries to walk away, "Listen, that has got to stop. It is so disgusting that you keep perving on me as well while I continue to reject it. Respect me and the boundaries I am setting, Daniel. I'm not becoming a new person for your personal pleasure, I'm evolving for myself. Stop hitting on me, it's pathetic and perverted." He smirks, nods his head and departs.

As he walks away to his room, I hold my ground, shoulders squared until two minutes after his departure. I exhale audibly and sink to the cold tile in the kitchen. Why was that the hardest thing I've done in a while. I love that man so much but not enough to be put through his pain again.

Thinking more on the possibilities of how this conversation could've gone, I smile to myself, proud of the fact that I didn't give in. I always give in to his half attempt at apologies. We deserve more than what he's given us Maxxi,we deserve the world if not more and he can't give us that right now. As my thoughts go on, I wonder to myself if Daniel will ever be able to give that to me? Is there really a future that Daniel and I won't be together in? When will I be okay with this idea? Am I truly okay with it now?

I pull myself out of my head after a while, I finally get up and head to my room. I changed into a t-shirt and some smooth hipsters. I fall back on my bed and reach for the lights on/off button on my nightstand. I stare at the ceiling pondering even more outcomes of Daniel and I in the same room until my exhaustion gets the best of me and I pass out.

~

Daniel's P.O.V.

What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I think she would forgive me so easily? Why am I just now apologizing to her? I shut the door to the second guest room and fall onto the cold bed. I run my hand into my disheveled hair and sigh audibly. "Maxxine, I am so sorry." I look at the door, "She's not going to come in here. She's seriously done with me. She can't be, what we have is genuine. We were supposed to marry each other-"

BANG!

I jump and my head snaps towards the wall the noise came from. "Dan! Stop talking to yourself! My pregnant fiancé is attempting to rest, not listen to you reflect on past mistakes. Shut up and go to bed."

I roll my eyes and lay back on the bed, Could she really be over us entirely? I don't deserve her- but I want to deserve her. I also want her to just be happy, but I selfishly want her to be happy with me. Is that wrong? Is this who we are now? I can't believe we're here, and sadly it is my fault. I can't deny the truth any longer. Speaking of, I didn't believe her. I should check in on what's going on with Electra's case on causing the miscarriage. Max and Raffi have been handling it without me. I understand them not wanting me to be a part of it. I'll check in on it tomorrow, I should finally get some rest.

I let my thoughts wander a bit on possibilities of my new reality, but before I know it, I drift into the best sleep I've had in months.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello anyone that still reads this or even to the new readers. For starters, I want to say thank you for giving me time to get back into writing. I reflected on the last book and the chapters in this new one and can I say CRINGE BABY CRINGE! Chile, anyways lmao. I have decided to gut the last chapter publish which was called The Night May Bring Whatever You Wish. I changed it to Reality because I feel that it fits better. Also, if it wasn't for my teaching multiple text class, I probably would've never gathered the inspiration or energy to not only finish this chapter but plan the next to come. It only took two years haha. Anyways, how are you guys???? I know 2020 has been rough FOR EVERYONE!!! If you ever need to vent, my Dm's are open. The comments are also opened, the readers we have are very kind and supportive! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Thank you for reading! Love you all!!

- Love, Mo