[9]

Jaelyn

I woke up the next morning in Opal's guest room. I claimed it as my own, so it was no longer for guests. Mine.

Opal lent me some clothes since I wasn't ready to go back to my house to get some. Lucky for me, Opal stole clothes from me and gave it back.

It was a grey and black striped sweater, paired with black jeans, and grey high top sneakers. My grey backpack hasn't changed, so I threw that on my shoulder. I put on the black beanie I had in my hands and went on into the living room.

Opal sat on her couch, playing with the end of her black sleeveless dress. She had on a denim jacket and red converse. Her wrist was occupied with a 'Hakuna Matata' bracelet I bought her.

She looked up as I approached her. "Ready to go?"

I nodded happily, waving goodbye to her mom who handed me an apple and a cherry lollipop. I looked at it excitedly, shoving it into my pocket.

We were gonna drive there, but I still brought my skateboard. I could use it during free period.

--

Opal pushed me, before running off into the courtyard. I chased after her, bumping into a few people. I jumped onto a table, watching as she ducked behind a group of girls.

I jumped off and ran in that direction. "Oh, Opal!"

I hear her suppress a giggle as I sang her name. I grabbed her arms, as she shrieked out in fear.

We laughed at each other, just ignoring everyone around us. I jumped feeling a hand placed on my shoulder. I looked up, seeing Jimin.

"Can I help you?", I smirk as I turned toward him.

"You're attracting attention," Taehyung points out, looking around the courtyard.

"You guys are talking to the losers of the school, of course, we are attracting attention," I shrug my shoulders, turning back to Opal. "We don't mind."

"We don't care," Opal corrects me, looking at Yoongi. "Told you this already."

We hear an angry cough behind us, causing us to spin around. "Hello, Josie."

"You really don't know how to listen to simple rules," She snarled, fists balled up at her sides.

"Rules that you made? I told you, we don't go by what you say," I mumble, while Opal just stands there staring at her. She wasn't afraid now.

"That's too bad," she smirks, snapping at her minions.

"Yeah, too bad for you. Go find someone else to bother," I tell her, Opal stepping next to me. "You are starting to bore us."

"Bore you? I don't care! I told you not to talk to them," she points out while I let out a laugh.

"Just like I told you I don't follow your rules," I nod my head, watching the fury increase inside her. "I can talk to whoever I want."

"You can't! They aren't yours!", she yells, her gaze resting behind me. The boys, obviously.

"I never said they were," I argued back, watching her look back to me. "You assumed."

She stepped toward me, grabbing at my sweater. She leaned her face down to mine, her eyes burning into mine. "They're mine."

She spoke quietly, but loud enough for Opal to hear her.

"I don't think they'd be okay with that," Opal carelessly says, folding her arms together. "You can't simply have seven guys, especially if they don't want you."

Josie's cheeks flamed red, as she stepped away from me. She stood back, not looking at anyone. She stared at the ground, not ready to face the fact we had her.

"It's your senior year, don't ruin someone else's year because you want to," I softly spoke, stepping toward her. "Cut the mean girl act."

She looked up at me, her figure staggering backward, her eyes flickered between me and Opal and the boys. "H-how?"

"Jae's observant, she knows things without anyone speaking," Opal explains, smiling at me.

"Don't treat your friends like dogs, treat them like people," I began, taking small steps toward her again. "Don't torture someone for fun, mess with friends. Don't waste your senior year. It won't make a good story for family, saying that you spent it ruining someone else's year."

"O-okay," she stammered out, standing up straighter. "I'm sorry."

"Josie, new and improved," I smiled at her, nodding in satisfaction. "The real Josie."

"Josie, the real me," she repeated, turning away from me. She slowly walked away, mumbling to herself.

I turned around, quickly engulfed in a hug from Opal. She squeezed me, while I snuck my hand into my pocket.

She heard me opening the wrapper, while I smiled sheepishly as I stuck the lollipop in my mouth. She pushed me away, stepping beside me.

"I think we do pretty well when choosing friends," she whispered, gesturing toward the group of seven boys, beating each other up.

"I think so too," I whispered back, watching Taehyung start to smack at Hoseok's back. Hoseok was hunched over, laughing at something Yoongi said. Namjoon and Seokjin wrestled against Jimin and Jungkook. Yoongi stood back, reaching out to tickle Taehyung.

"Why didn't we do this before?", Opal asked me, speaking louder than before.

"Fake Josie," I remind her, while she sighed.

"I wanna kiss him badly," she admits, while I stare at her in shock. Yoongi? "I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Opal," I say her name, trying to break her out of this trance.

"He's just too nice to me. I used to think of him as a brother, but ever since last year, I haven't. I knew something was up," she spoke, staring dreamily at Yoongi. Luckily, he hasn't noticed. "It was my feelings. It happened so suddenly, I couldn't stop it."

"Opal, he will hear you," I tell her, tugging on her arm. Yoongi pushed Tae into Hoseok, holding up his hands in a karate position.

"Who cares? You said it was obvious anyway. Shouldn't he know?", she spoke, her body standing up confidently. "Everyone seems to know. He does too."

"Don't do anything you'll regret," I warn her, patting her shoulder. "Get him."

She shakes her head, glancing at me. "I will."

She walks toward him, while he smiles, looking at her. She slaps her hands to his cheeks, pulling them toward her face. His eyes widen as she crushes their lips together. His hands fly to her waist, closing his eyes.

"That's how it's done," I spoke to myself, watching as Opal wrapped her arms tighter around his neck.

Tae and Hoseok watched in shock, while the others stopped what they were doing to look at them. Yoongi pulled away reluctantly.

I watched Opal smile to herself, biting her lip to keep it in. She kept her eyes closed, before placing a peck on his cheek. She ran back to me, shaking me by my shoulders.

"I can't believe I did that!", she didn't care if he heard her or not. She sighed in bliss, finally stopping the shaking.

"Just like you dreamt of?", I teased, while she blushed deeply. I gape at her, before breaking into a laugh. "You did!"

"Shut up!"

Yoongi was still in shock, bringing his hand to his lips. He looked over at Opal, as she jumped in front of me, a smile still on her face.

The chemistry is killing me.

"I think he wants more," I whisper to her, while she turned around to him. He dropped his hand, trying to act like it was nothing. "He's faking."

"Oh, I know," she laughed, nodding her head. "We are still in the courtyard."

"Who cares?", I shove her away, while she glared at me before hugging Yoongi.

Things were perking up. I will enjoy this.