[4]

Jaelyn

I shot up out of the water, gasping for air, as I winced at the throbbing pain in my ankle. I hopped over to the edge, leaning against the wall.

Opal notices the smaller things so she came over to me. "What happened?"

"Just hit my foot too hard," I cringe, feeling it shoot up to my knee. "Just my ankle hurts."

"Lemme see," she says, while I scoot up to sit on the ledge. She gently grabs it, squeezing lightly in different areas. She gets to one area, where I let out a pained cry, biting my fist as she jumped away. "You gotta get this checked out!"

I held in the tears, shaking my head. "I'm fine."

"You could burst into tears, can you even walk?", she was catching the attention of the others, while I shushed her. She climbed out of the water, pulling me up. I went to put a little pressure on my foot, before letting a single tear fall. "We are going, not buts."

She helped me limp over to the chair, carefully resting me on it. "Can any of you drive?"

"Why? What's wrong?", Yoongi asks, sitting up from his seat.

"Jae needs to get her ankle looked at," she says, grabbing her bag and mine. "She can't walk, Hoseok carry her please."

She wasn't joking around anymore, she wanted me in a car and on my way to a hospital. I grabbed my phone, calling my dad.

"Hello?", he answers on the other side of the phone.

"Dad," I weakly said to him.

"What's wrong?", he knew whenever I was in pain or something. He helped me through my first breakup.

"I'm going to the hospital, I hurt my ankle at the pool," I tell him honestly, hearing a sigh escape him. "Opal is gonna be with me, I'll text you if anything happens."

"Okay, but tell Opal to call me," he compromised, hanging up the phone.

"What did he say?", Opal came over to me, looking down at my ankle.

"You have to call him if something happens, and when we get to the hospital," I tell her, squeezing her hand that was between us as the pain throbbed again.

"And you're fine," she scoffs, watching the others get out of the pool. "I can read the pain on your face."

"I can go run and get the car if you want," Seokjin offers, while Opal shakes her head.

"We can just hurry back, I have to tell my mom, she might want to come along," she says when I finally see the hint of a smirk on her face. "She's crazy about Jae."

"I'm her second child," I shove her gently, adding on to my sentence. "Except for the times, I annoy her a lot."

"So, always?"

"Pretty much," I purse my lips and nod my head.

"Are we ready to go?", Namjoon asks everyone, carrying two towels. I felt arms lifting me up away from Opal, while I quickly wrapped an arm around his neck.

"Opal lemme talk to your mom," I whine, throwing my arm at her. I already felt bad for Hoseok, he had to pick me up twice now. Once for a few seconds, but now for a few minutes. I felt her phone in my hand, holding it up to my ear.

"Hello, what do you want?", I put it on speaker, while everyone listened in.

"Hey, mom," I said, hearing Opal grumble under her breath. "I hurt my ankle."

"Again?", she sighs, wanting to go on. "Last time, it was a skateboard thing. Now, a pool?"

"It's worse this time," I admit, trying to forget about the pain. "I can't walk."

"You must have people with you, Opal isn't that strong," she giggles to herself, as Opal turned to me with an offended expression. "Who else is there?"

"Yoongi and his friends," I answer, hearing her hum. "Do you wanna follow us to the hospital?"

"Oh wow, hospital? Yeah, I'll get the car ready now," I hear her grabbing keys. "You going with your little boyfriends?"

Opal choked on her spit, while the boys stifled their laughter.

"Yeah, if that's what you want to call them, it's not like I just met them," I ramble off, hearing her giggle again.

"Who cares? I almost married a man in three days," she reminds me, while I slapped a hand to my forehead. "Don't you remember how I told you exactly what he did-"

"That's enough, we will be there soon," I cut her off before she could finish that sentence. "Love you, bye!"

I hung up quickly, handing the phone back to Opal. The boys let out their laughter, even Hoseok.

"Mom is so embarrassing," Opal mumbles, rubbing her hands down her face. "I live with that."

"Did you not hear what she was about to say?", I roll my eyes. "You weren't awake to listen to her many physical adventures with that man, in only three days! Every little detail, the clothes to the form."

I shuddered, while her face turned red from laughter. "I didn't sleep that week, maybe even the month."

"Yeah, you always fell asleep in class!", she remembers, pointing at me. "That was when you were knocked out so bad that I could do anything to you."

"Like...?", Yoongi pressed in, suddenly interested in my struggle week.

"I got her to admit she was in love with a dog," she nods, while I laughed.

"Turned out to be true," I trailed off, looking away from her.

"Don't even bring him up, that was just bad," she cringes in disgust, shaking her head rapidly. "On the bleachers?!"

"During lunch, that would've been so much easier to catch," I mention, while we see her mom's car pulling into the driveway, covering Opal's art. "Mom's out, oh no."

She shut the car off, running over to us. "These are the boyfriends? Okay, lemme see."

Hoseok carefully put me to the ground, while Opal and her mom helped me over to her car. I sat in the backseat, with my foot on the seat. She did the same thing Opal did, as I yelped in pain from her last squeeze.

"You are already in my car, I'll take you," she sighs, going around to the driver's seat.

"Can we still follow?", Yoongi spoke up, stepping forward. "It is kinda our fault."

"It's not your fault," I yelled out the window.

"You can follow, if you want," Opal said, running to the passenger side of the car. "Can't guarantee they will let us all in the room with her, but we can sit in the waiting room."

"Deal," He says, running off to his own house, a car in the garage.