Chapter 34

He soon found one way in. He stared through the glass and set his hand on it seeing how strong the glass was. Moving his hand away from the glass and backs up a few feet. He exhale and charges towards the glass. He raises his arms and covers his face and burst through the glass window. 

Landing on one knee as the glass sprinkled and scattered all over the floor around him. He stands up and takes a look around. This part of the HQ was unfamiliar. It seems he hasn't every been in this room. But there was nothing in this room he needed.

He walks towards the doorway out of the room, leaving the room. Now standing in the hallway looking left and right, taking the left hallway to find what he was looking for...

The rookie moved the covers off of himself and sat up on the edge of his side of the bed. He just sat there but only for a moment. He stood up and leaves the room. 

He finds his way to the front door and opens it, then closing it behind him. Waking further away from the house. 

Continuing his small time alone, he notices the moon and just stares at it. His tail began to wag as a smile curled on his face. He slowly closed his eyes and softly howls at the moon.  He opens his eyes and stared...

A few minutes later, sonic sat up to roll over and that's when he noticed the rookie wasn't there. He got up from his bed and looked again and he wasn't here. He runs to the door and looks left and right to see if he was there, but he wasn't there either. 

Sonic looks around a bit more and he sees a window and goes over to it. He looks through the window and sees him standing outside. He exhales and calms down, then makes his way downstairs and outside.

Opening the door and standing in the doorway.

" Pst rookie." 

He quickly turns around and sees sonic. 

" Oh Sonic, did I wake you?"

Sonic walks outside and closes the door behind him.

" No, It's fine. I just noticed you were gone and I got worried."

" Oh sorry, I didn't mean to worry you.//////... I'm kinda worried about some stuff myself."

" Really, what?" Sonic walks a little closer to him.

" Well,... what if Infinite left to go get another phantom ruby, He knows where our hideout is now."

" Ya, I thought about that too."

" Sigh..."

Sonic sets his hand on his shoulder.

" Hey, everything is going to be ok... If we have to fight him again, so be it... we did it once we can do it again."

Sonic leans closer and sets a kiss on his cheek. He slightly jumps and blushes.

" Well, I'm heading back to bed, and you should get some rest too." Sonic turns around and starts to head back inside.

" Um ok." 

" Goodnight."

" Goodnight sonic." He sets his hand on his cheek.

"Sigh~ <3."

The room was quiet of course until Infinite walked in. He stopped in the middle of the room.There wasn't much in the room because he was barely in it.  Then walks towards this table in his room. There wasn't anything on this table. He sets his hands on it.

" Sigh..."

He squats down and puts his hand under the table and pulled out his sword from underneath. He stared at it as every memory came back to him in those few seconds. He stands up straight and lays the sword onto the table in front of him.

He takes off his mask  and sets it down next to his sword. He takes the sword into his hand and lifts it into the air, Using his strength to control the sword. Cutting the table in half.

" *Huff huff* still got it."

He puts the crimson sword on his shoulder and grabs his mask and goes to leave the room. He stops in the door way and looks back into the room, then he looks at his mask and just stare at it while thinking.

" ...When the phantom ruby made me take my last breath. when it killed me, It killed Infinite. I'm returning to my love. Not as Infinite but as myself... for her."

He gives the mask one last look and throws it back in the room. It tumbles on the floor and he closes the door behind him...