Chapter 21

"Sonic good to see you made it." You looked back and there they were. Sonic walks over to knuckles and they both nod.

" Let's go!" Everyone charged at the enemy. You aim your (y/w) and fired getting a few enemies out of the way.

"(y/n) watch out!" Zavok wraps his arm around your neck. You drop your (y/w) trying to pull his arm away from your neck. You got a good grip of his arm and you flip him over your shoulder. Amy uses her hammer to take him out.

" You ok?" 

" Ya."  You step on your (y/w) catching it in the air. Aiming it at  Amy and hitting chaos behind her.

" Thanks." 

" Your welcome." 

" Come on let's go save your boyfriend, and the world of course."

"Amy."

"Hehe."

" Hey, thanks for believing me."

" Your welcome."  Breaking your way through the enemy. You quicken your pace to catch up to sonic.

" Hey Infinite, long time no see. did you miss me?"

" Why yes I did, I've been looking forward to finishing you and your annoying friends."

He releases the ruby's power causing everyone to be thrown back, all except for you. You hadn't moved as if he chose who he wanted to attack.

" Guys!"

" I trust you're all ready for oblivion, If you're not, oh well."

" Infinite No!"

He then saw something in the corner of his eye. He avoided contact with it  and  dodged the ones that soon came after. You looked to you left and you saw Omega.

" What, Who dares?"

" Target reconfirmed."

" Omega, you've joined us, awesome."

" Is there no end to you insects. I'll burn the resistance to ashes and you along with it."

He releases the red energy in the sky, above the clouds. In merely seconds the sky was covered by the sun. 

" Woah, you gotta be kidding. That's just a special effect right?"

" No It's not,while were in the phantom ruby's control it's part of our reality."

" Unbelievable, what chance do we have against that!?"

" The sun will fall upon you all, boom, the end. Your pathetic lives are over."

You run over to Infinite and you grab his wrist.

" If you kill them, you're gonna have to kill me too." 

You let go of his wrist. You step back with your friends. Tails notices that the rookie was gone. He looks around and see him from faraway. He makes his way over there. You look to your right and you see Tails going somewhere and you follow him.

Infinite vanishes and finds a hiding place to calm down. He takes off his mask. 

" No i can't... lose her too.... I can't...stop this, it's too late." He looks down and that's when the phantom ruby started hurting him again.

" AAAHH!' He falls on his knees. Coughing up some blood.

" YOu DOn't havE feELinGs RemEMbeR?" A voice asked him. He looked around trying to find where the voice was coming from. Then the ruby started to to glowing. He looks at it in confusion.

" How the- AAAAAAGGHHH *Cough Cough* !"

"RemeMbeR!?"

" Huff huff, No ...I'm cruel...and black hearted..." He stands up and wiped the blood off his mouth and puts his mask back on. He let's  the dark red aura surround him. 

Tails walks over  to the rookie. He notices that there was something glowing in his hand.

" Look it's reacting." You walk over to the rookie's other side.

" Eggman said something about the phantom ruby prototypes, let me see." He sets the ruby in Tails hand, and the ruby stopped glowing.

" Woah it is, he said the phantom ruby prototypes only  react to the person how activated it, That must be you buddy." He looked at Tails surprised.

" Your courage and heroism are probably what triggered it. Just maybe if you use this it could make that sun disappear."

 You step in front of him and you set your hands on his shoulders.

"You can do this." He nods holding the ruby tighter. He walks past you and walks towards the sun. He look to his left and saw Sonic...

      " You've done so much for us,... for me.  You made me who I am today.''

                               He looks back at the sun before him.

                                "Now it's my turn to return the favor."...