1

Anna

*present time*

Since Luke was my best friend, it was pretty obvious that the rest of the boys were too. We all sort of just clicked and I liked it that way, there was never any drama it was always just good company and great memories.

Now that the boys were pretty well known, I always got the "which one are you dating?" question.

The answer was plain and simple, none of them. But I can't say that there wasn't a reason, I mean let's be real I would love to call Luke my boyfriend but i think I was considered too much of "one of the guys" for that to ever happen. I mean I never really cared about myself; I wore sweats and plain t-shirts and my hair was always up. I wasn't super skinny like all the other girls, and I never wore makeup. It's not hard to believe that my feelings for Luke were never mutual, but I had six months before I saw Luke again, so I decided to hit the gym and boy did that sure pay off. I was so proud of myself and a thousand times more confident. With my new body came a new wardrobe so I did what any other girl would do.

I called up my best girl friend, Lindsey, and to say she was happy to help was an understatement. I basically bought a whole new wardrobe and tons of makeup that she taught me how to correctly apply. I decided I was actually going to start taking pride in my appearance. My plan was to tell Luke how I felt about him when he came home. I was more than ecstatic to see him, we went from hanging out with each other every day to skyping maybe once a week. But hopefully he would see me in a different light now that I was trying to break out of my "boyish" shell.

~~~

Today was the day that 5SOS, and One Direction came to California for a break. I knew there would be tons of pretty fans at the airport so I needed to look good. I showered and straightened my normally curly hair, applied my new makeup, and slipped into a new outfit. My navy high-waisted shorts fit just right and looked great paired with a white tank top tucked in. I finished off the look with red converse, a light smokey eye and some nude lipstick. I was beyond happy with myself and I couldn't wait for Luke to see the new and improved me.

Lindsey drove me to the airport and gave me a quick pep talk before I got out of the car. You know, the basic "you'll do great" and "you look awesome!"

I got into the airport and found their security guard so I could stand with him and wait for the boys. I saw a few random people exiting the terminal and then i saw the One Direction boys. Harry and Liam were walking together behind Louis, Zayn, and Nialll and I noticed that Harry wouldn't stop looking at me. He whispered something to Liam, eyes still on mine, before walking over to me.

"Why don't you take a picture it'll last longer!" I teased him

"Cute and funny, I like it." He smirked and I just about died. He had the cutest accent ever and I wasn't sure how I could keep myself composed so I just smiled back at him

"Can I get your name love?"

"Anna. Anna Williams" I practically had to yell over all the screaming fans.

"Well hello Anna Anna Williams I'm Harry Styles" he joked and I rolled my eyes

"Real original" I let out a small laugh

"Well don't you have the most adorable little laugh" he said

We chatted for a bit and I told him I was waiting for Luke and all that then I saw Calum, Michael, and Ashton walk out followed by some random couple kissing. But as I got a closer look, I noticed it wasn't just a random couple, it was Luke and some girl. I think I felt my heart break right then and there.

I looked over at Ashton, who gave me a sympathetic look, before walking over to me and engulfing me into a giant hug. Besides Luke I was definitely the closest with Ashton. We may or may not have a "friends with benefits" type of thing going on, but that's just because I wouldn't exactly call myself experienced and I could use all the help I could get. There was never any problems with that and it never affected our friendship. He knew all about my crush on Luke, in fact he was the only other person other than Lindsey that knew.

Michael and Calum came running over and attacked me in a group hug. I missed these boys so much but I broke free from the hug, the curiousness of this new girl was really getting to me.

Finally Luke walked over giving me a quick hug and introducing me to the mystery girl.

"Anna! Meet my girlfriend Lily" he said not being able to look away from her.

"Hi I'm Anna" I said, hoping the disappointment in my eyes wasn't too evident.

"Lily." She stuck her hand out and I swear a saw a smirk crawl across her face.