The Damn Unexpected

"Haha! This is exactly why we hang out with you Spence. The man that graduated highschool at 14!" JJ finished her sentence laughing.

"Uhh Emily there's a man in the hallway over there that asked for a mid thirties tall women with a name that started with E but he couldn't remember. I think he's talking about you." Rossi pointed.

"Weird." Emily got up and walked threw the doors and stopped. She turned around and ran back to the Team, "Get me out. Hide me. Just do something."

"What's going on?" Hotch looked confused.

"I was just about to ask the same thing." Morgan said.

"Fuck he's looking." Emily played cool.

"The man?" Rossi said.

"Yes the man..." Emily scratched her forehead.

"Who is he?" Garcia asked.

"Oh my god." JJ had a thought, "could it be.."

"No shhh shut up Jayje." Emily paced back at forth.

"Did I miss something?" Reid sat there with the same blank stare as Hotch.

"That man. That man is my Father." Emily sat down.

"How do you know?" Reid asked.

"He left when I was so young but his scar above his eyebrow. It's all I ever remembered. I tried forgetting but that's him." Emily tried holding back tears, "He's only about 30 years late. My mom was 20."

"Oh Em." JJ hugged her.

"So your saying your Father just tracked you down and now he's standing over there asking for a 30 year old women with a name that has E in it?" Morgan clarified.

"Yes." Emily took a deep breath.

"Why did he leave?" Garcia asked, "If you don't mind me asking."

"He was. He was abusive to my Mom but never to me. He loved me and he was so sorry when he was saying he was leaving. He said he would come back soon. Is 30 years the knew definition of soon?" Emily panicked, "Do I like talk to him?"

"I can go up and ask him who he's looking for and why." JJ said.

"Please do." Emily replied.

"Ok. Shit." JJ got up and walked over, "Hello sir, could I help you?"

"I'm looking for someone."

"Who? What's your name?"

"My name is James Prentiss. I am looking for someone with the last name Prentiss."

"Wife? Sibling? Daughter?" JJ tried acting clueless.

"Daughter." He choked.

"Let me get back to you." JJ walked back, "He's looking for his daughter something Prentiss." JJ reported back to the team.

"Oh shit. Should I just walk over?" Emily questioned.

"You should. He was never mean to you Emily." Hotch said.

"Yeah but he beat my mom then after he left my mom beat me and it was not ok. It was so bad. The worst years of my life. I have scars on my body and my heart. Mentally and physically. He ruined my mother which then ruined me until I made it here. He's also extremely homophobic. One of the things I remember the most was that. He started hurting my mom when the same sex kissed on TV." Emily rambled.

"I'm so sorry Prentiss." Garcia hugged her.

"I'm going." Emily stood up and took a deep breath then walked over.

"Hello, you where looking for me?" Emily said, "Before you say anything. I know it's you Dad. James."

"I'm so sorry."

"I'm so sorry that you forgot your own daughters name. It's been almost exactly 30 years. Weird that Mom just showed up after 20 years. I was 6 when you left me and I was 16 when I left Elizabeth." Emily got mad then pulled him away from people so she could say thing without any gossip bitches.

"Ella? Erin? I'm so sorry. I told you I would come back. Here I am."

"It's Emily you bastard. You said you would come back soon. It's been 30 years. Is that soon to you?"

"Emily! Emily. That's it." James said.

"Do you not get it?"

"Can't believe my daughter made it to the FBI. You said something about leaving your mother?"

"Yes when I was 16 I ran away. That's when my life really started." Emily rolled her eyes.

"Your poor mother." He shook his head.

"Poor? Poor me! After you fucked up mom, she fucked up me. She beat me the way you use to beat her. I have PTSD from that. I was kid napped and almost murdered doing this job. The 2 worst things of my childhood were brought back when the man hurt me. One of those things from my childhood was from you. You hurt Mom so bad that she just decided to hurt me. It's your fault. I built myself up. I was the one who got myself here." Emily went on and on.

"What was the second thing?" James wondered.

"You really want to know? I'm not even sure I should tell you. Mom didn't care when I told her. But then..."

"Yes I want to know!" He raised his voice.

"I was raped at 14! Found out I was pregnant at 15. Got an abortion. Finished school early. Ran away at 16. Got jobs and figured out what life was. I bought myself into college which led to Interpol which led to the FBI. And I was perfectly fine without a father figure. I technically had a mother. Her name was Jessica. She was my friend, sister, mother. She was there for me in other words. You weren't. Neither was Elizabeth. Fuck off." Emily went on then ended the conversation loudly. She took off back to the Bull Pen. James wasn't aloud there because he didn't work there.

"How did it go?" JJ noticed Emily looking mad.

"Not. Good." She sat down.

"All that anger over 30 years. I doubt it would be good." Reid shrugged.

"It went bad with my Mother and it went bad with my Father. Why? Why do they decide now?" Emily sighed and shook her head.

"Did you tell him about us." JJ nervously but her lip in a non sexual way.

"Hell no!" Emily shot back.

"Thank fucking god!" JJ laid back in her chair and spinner putting her arms in the air, "I didn't want to be the next victim in a homicidal case."

Garcia tried not to laugh.

"Wow so being a lesbian is hard." Morgan said.

JJ and Emily looked at him with the most annoyed faces, "No shit!" They said at the same time.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't witness you two say the same thing at the same time..." Hotch got up and went to his office.

"I love when Hotch talks to us." JJ said.

"Same. He always seems so alone, but where here." Reid meant.

"When did this become the end of the day quote?" Garcia said.

A/N-
I'm scared as hell to want you,

But here I am,

Wanting you anyway.
-anonymous

I'm pretty sure you guys know what I mean by end of the day quote. The end of every episode and the beginning of every episode. Thanks for Reiding.