24. Dinner

Karter

Damn I feel bad. I just got word that Matthew passed away. The shit just blew my high. I know Milyon's hurting. Dominic said he heard they were going back home after the hospital and I thought about going there. But nahh. I know she don't wanna see a nigga right now.

I walked inside my hotel suite and saw Tyree holding King. Guess they're back from the hospital.

"What's up nigga." I said and he looked at me.

"You don't hate King because he isn't your son do you?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"That shit don't even sound right...but nahh I'm don't." I said shaking my head and he grinned.

"Get happy. Youn have no kids my nigga. You're free from Tori and her shit." He said and I shook my head.

"I was free from her ass anyways."

"Have you talked to Milyon?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Why not?"

"Sheon wanna hear from me."

"She was looking for you at the hospital though." He mumbled and I looked at him.

"What you mean? No she wasn't. Not after that shit that went down."

"Nigga she looked past all of us that showed up and was looking for yo ass. But you was nowhere to be found and her daddy died right in her face. Stop being a pussy and talk to her. Shouldn't have said what you said in the first place." He snapped at me and I mugged him.

I wanted to hit his ass but he was telling the truth.

I pulled my phone out and went to her contact name before calling.

"Karter?" She whispered and I felt awkward. You can tell she been crying.

"Uhm. You ight?" I asked and face palmed myself. I just wanna hang up.

"No I'm not. What you want?" She asked and I narrowed my eyes.

"Well I'm trying to see how you doing ma. I know yeen in a good shape but what can I say? I'll be a hypocrite to tell you, you'll be okay because no matter what that shit gone continue to hurt. Especially right now while the wound is still fresh." I said being completely honest with her.

That's exactly how I feel about my father death. No matter what I know I won't get over it.

"That's the first time you actually said something that didn't sound so mean." She mumbled and I chuckled.

"I ain't trying to offend you right now. You just lost yo pops. I know that pain. I lost mines too. I need a blunt." I mumbled before pulling out a bag of weed that was in my pocket.

She started laughing on the phone.

"You Smoke all your problems away huh?"

"Most of them." I answered as Kaylen walked in.

"The other ones I just learn to deal with everyday." I said looking at him.