18. All alone

Milyon
"You're ready fa school? It's tomorrow and shit." Ari said excitedly and I laughed.

Every since I got back she's been more cheerful than how she was at first.

She claims she's wants to treat me like I wouldn't be here tomorrow....how ironic.

"Actually I'm not. I'm going to be the bitch that supposed to be dead." I said frowning making her laugh.

"Girl you'll be fine. Ain't nobody gone fuck with you. Unless they're willing to get knocked the fuck out, they'll gone by their business." She said grinning.

I'm currently staying with Matthew. Quinton is staying with him as well until he finds his own place.

After what happened to Quinton with Luca, Matthew wouldn't take no for an answer. Especially with me being back.

I didn't get it though. He knew I existed and everything about me and my struggle before everything that bad went down, so what's the difference?

Ari be around here a lot as well, but I figured it's because of me and Marco.

Alex told me something about them getting their own apartment though.

I keep asking him why they're moving away from their parents but he always tell me to just drop it.

He claims he'll have enough money since he's working for Matthew now but I don't see why.

His parents have more than enough money to take care of them from what I've seen.

So what was the issue?

I just feel like I've missed a lot when I was away.

It's been a few days since I've been gone from Karter nem and I'll talk to Tyree and King on FaceTime through Karter.

Karter would say hi and ask how I'm doing and leave it at that.

I didn't mind it though. It's not like we had anything to talk about.

Alex and I have been getting close though.

But he's hiding something from me.

And I'm not talking about the moving situation.

I trust him enough to tell me when he's ready.

I know he will...right?

"Aye girls." Matthew said knocking on my door.

It's been awkward in between us.

He told me what went down in between him and my mom and my heart sunk at the broken story.

I also had found out Marco was my brother.

It was funny how he tried to quickly slide that small part in.

"And the woman I was married to had a son...who is your brother..who happens to be Marco." Was exactly what he said and I honestly laughed.

How I didn't see that shit coming?

"Sir?" I asked before opening the door.

"I'm going to be gone for a luh while. Me and Quinton will be gone matter of fact due to some business. Will you two girls be okay?" He asked with a stern look and I quickly nodded.

"If we don't we both know what to do." I said and he smiled.

I looked around awkwardly as he sighed.

"I'm really trying Milyon." He mumbled and I nodded.

"I know. Just give me some time. Okay?" I asked and he nodded before clearing his throat.