Focus

HELLOOOOOOO! How long has it been? Ahahaha. Anyway, I am here to share with chu a little something to laugh¿? About... Actually idk if y'all would find this half as amusing. Let's get to it!

          It was a silent evening dinner. We were eating my mom's delicious home-made chicken and no one bothered to utter a single word for we were too indulged in eating. After, my father suddenly spoke mouth full and said to me, "So, how was your emcee auditions?" I replied distractedly, "It was okay," with a nod and we continued to eat in silence.

          As we had finished dinner, we sat in our living room. My dad looked at me again and questioned me, "What did you mean by "It was okay?" Okay as in good or okay as in better luck next time?" I then said, "I don't really know. The auditions included higher batches. Time flew so fast that I didn't even know classes were over. I practically had to run to the venue due to being absent-minded." As my father heard this, he nagged me and exaggeratedly said that I should stop auditioning for these kinds of programs.

          Then, he randomly asked me, "What was the color of your Science teacher's polo?" I thought for a moment as I tried to recollect my thoughts and said that it was blue. He asked me again but this time rather challengingly, "What was the brand of his shoes?" I stopped, clueless. "Who would even have the time to check a teacher's brand of shoes?" I mumbled quietly. After seeing my dad's expecting look, I said that I honestly didn't know. He slammed his hands on the center table and looked at me dead serious in the eyes saying, "You know why?" I grew intimidated and shook my head. He inched closer to me, his eyes piercing mine almost like a glare. Suddenly, his eyes turned to slits and before I knew it he was laughing mockingly at me and repeatedly said it was because of the audition and blamed me for not knowing the brand of my teacher's shoes.

          I vowed to take my revenge on him. Bam! It was my turn to slam my hands on the table while eyeing my dad, smirking. I changed my facial expression to one of being innocent and pouted while talking like a four year old saying, "So you'd rather want your one and only baby girl to pay more attention and focus on my smart (not rly, smh) male Science teacher more than my ambitions and education?"

         "Got you," I thought as I went back to my comfortable seat on the couch and smugly smiled as my father's face paled with distaste. We made eye contact and it's as if I can see the glint in his eyes whispering, you win this time.

ANNYEONG! BAIII 👋🏻