Phases

I couldn't believe it when Cordelia had called us this morning to come and look at her 'daddy's' car but seeing it now I realized why there was a gaping hole missing from the top of it.

Buffy stands on the car inspects the hole in the roof "And you're sure it was a werewolf?" she asks Xander and Cordelia as she gets off of the car "Well, let's see, um, six feet tall, claws, a big old snout in the middle of his face like a wolf. Um, yeah, I'm sticking with my first guess" Xander says sarcastically.

"Seems wise" Oz agrees nodding his head "Oh, oh, and then there was that little thing where it tried to bite us" Xander adds as Cordelia sobs "It was so awful" Xander shushed as he puts his arm around her "Daddy just had this car detailed" Cordelia moaned as she pulls herself away from Xander.

Giles comes up to us with a newspaper "So what's the word?" I ask him "Well, it seems there were a, a number of other attacks by a wild dog around town," Giles says as he hands me the paper "Several animal carcasses were found mutilated" he added showing me.

"You mean, like bunnies and stuff?" Willow asks looking upset "No, don't tell me" she begged "Oh, don't worry. I mean, they might not look it, but bunnies can really take care of themselves" Oz tells her reassuringly.

Willow looks calmer and smiles "Yeah" Oz nods with a soft smile "Yeah" I rolled my eyes and gave the paper back to Giles "Yes, uh, um, fortunately, no people were injured"

"That falls into the 'that's a switch' column," Buffy says sarcastically as Giles nods "Well, for now. But my guess is that this werewolf will be back at next month's full moon" Giles tells us.

"What about tonight's full moon?" Willow asks looking at Giles "Pardon?" Giles questions "Well, last night was the night before the full moon, traditionally known as... 'the night before the full moon." Willow says as she looks around getting quieter as she notices us staring.

"Meaning the accepted legend that werewolves only prowl during a full moon might be erroneous," Giles says with his usual stutter "Or it could be a crock" Cordelia stats not realizing that's just what Giles basically said.

"Unless the werewolf was using last year's almanac" Xander adds looking at us "Looks like Giles has some schooling to do" Buffy giving our watcher with a smile.

Giles nods quickly "Yes, I must admit I, I am intrigued. Werewolves, it's... it's one of the classics" he rambles as he starts to walk away "I, I'm sure my books and I are in for a fascinating afternoon" he says with a grin and leaves "He needs to get a pet" Buffy tells us as we all agree as we all walk to Gym class.

Sitting on the bleachers listening to the self-defense coach I let out a small yawn making her raise an eyebrow at me "Sorry" I mutter with an apologetic smile.

Coach just nods "Sunnydale is becoming more dangerous all the time. And a full moon like tonight tends to bring out the crazies, but with some simple basics of self-defense each of you can learn how to protect yourself".

Buffy moves closer to Willow and I "Here's a suggestion: move away from the Hellmouth" I let out a snort of laughter making the coach sigh "Summers" I grimace and mutter another sorry.

"What you wanna do is gain advantage of the situation as quickly as possible" Coach continues on as Willow turns and looks at Oz confused making Buffy and I do the same.

"Tag," He tells her putting her tag back inside her shirt and pats her on the back gently, Willow smiles at us happily as we watch the exchange "Your attacker may have the benefit of surprise" Coach drones on again.

"Psst! Hey, buddy, this is a public forum here" Xander whisper yells making us look back at him confused "I think you splashed on just a little too much 'Obsession For Dorks'" Cordelia rolls her eyes.