What's My Line?

After finding out Angel hadn't been turned into dust by the sunlight and meeting a creepy guy called Willy, Buffy and I made our way back to the school where Giles, Willow and Kendra were talking about how Kendra was now staying to help us with 'the big evil' that was coming.

Spike has called out the Order of Taraka to keep Buffy and Nikki out of the way" Kendra looks up at Giles "The assassins? I read of them in the writings of Dramius".

Giles looks at Kendra shocked "Really? Which volume?" Kendra smiles at Giles "I believe it was six, sir" Giles nods merrily "How do you know that stuff?" Buffy sniffs annoyed.

Kendra turns to Buffy with a smug smile "From my studies" Buffy gives Kendra with a look "So you have a lot of free time" Kendra sighs at Buffy "I study because it is required. The slayer handbook insists on it"

Willow looks at us excitedly "There's a slayer handbook?" Buffy looks at Giles questioningly "Handbook? What handbook? How come I didn't get a handbook?" Buffy rants as I think about the Vampyr book under my bed.

Willow bounces on the spot "Is there a T-shirt too?" We all look at her weirdly "Cause, that would be cool . . ." she stops after seeing our expressions "After meeting you, Buffy, I was quite sure the handbook would be of no use in your case" Giles explains as Buffy looks to him offended.

"What do you mean 'it would be of no use in my case?' What's wrong with my case? So if I didn't get the book who did?" Buffy questioned as I coughed slightly and raised my hand.

"Buffy I believed Nikki would benefit from the handbook more than you would have" Giles stuttered looking between the two of us awkwardly, "Kendra perhaps you could show me the bit in Dramius six about the Order of Taraka. I must admit, I could never get through that book".

Kendra nodded and smiled "Yes, it was difficult. All those footnotes!" They both looked at each other and laughed "Hello and welcome to the planet pocket protector" Buffy mutters.

"Oh, Buffy, Nikki. Principal Snyder came snooping around for the two you" Giles told us as Buffy pulled a face "Eeee, the career fair" I sighed heavily remembering the career fair"You'd best make an appearance, I think" Giles advises us making us nod in sync "Right".

Kenda turns to Giles surprised "They're students here?" Giles nodded as he looked at Kendra "Right. Of course. I'd imagine Buffy's a cheerleader, too" Kendra asks nonchalantly making my sister glare at her accurate portrayal.

"Actually, she gave up cheerleading. It's a funny story, really . . ." Giles told until her saw the serious face Kendra was giving him "Let's go find that book, shall we?".

I grimaced when Buffy began to whine about Kendra to us, trying to get Buffy's mind over Kendra I suggested we should go and find out what our tests said and what careers we'd be good for until Buffy saw her chosen career of police enforcement which totally put her in another miserable mood.

"Ok so law" Willow shrugged to Buffy with an encouraging smile before turning to me expectantly "Forensic Science or the military for me" I tell them as Buffy looks at me shocked "the military" I nodded "It's because of her natural aggressiveness" Willow whispers "Which is a good thing" she laughs like she didn't mean to say that out loud.

I nodded as I noticed Oz who is standing nearby staring at Willow intently "Don't look now, Will, but Oz is totally checking you out" Willow glances over to Oz "Oh He's just expressing computer nerd solidarity" I nod but look over to Oz again "Really? Then why is he on his way over?" Buffy says with a big smile.

I watch as Oz approaches his eyes not leaving Willow "Hi" he says as I lean over and whisper to her "Told you so" as I walked with Buffy to the law enforcement booth.