Ethan Rayne?

Walking down the hall with Buffy I looked at her confused "So not only did Giles miss the hospital thing he shut them door in your face?" I asked her as we walked towards the computer room, Buffy had came home last night pissed that Giles had missed their oh-so-important meet up.

Following Buffy into the room I crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame as Buffy walked over to Jenny's desk "Alright, guys. The first thing we're gonna do is... Buffy, Nicola!" I smiled when Jenny looked shocked to see us but my smiled dropped when I realized she had called me Nicola "It's Nikki" I mutter as Buffy smirks at me.

"Huh? Did I fall asleep already?" Xander says sitting up straight in his chair making me grimace at the thought of what he dreams about especially if it involved Buffy and I, I shook my head free of any thoughts that ran through my head of Xander, Buffy and I.

"Aw, you miss your friends?" Willow smiles at us bouncing in her chair a little looking happy to see us again "Uh, sit here, one of you!" Xander pleads getting up quickly and points to his chair "Demilitarize the zone between me and Cordelia!".

I smirked at Cordelia's bitch face as she glared at Xander but looked equally pleading for us to separate them "Yeah, and delouse him while you're at it" Cordelia scathes as she huffs angrily, Buffy turns to Jenny with a look "Actually I wanted to talk to you for a second?" Jenny looks at us confused before nodding "Something wrong?".

Buffy turns to me but I just shrug knowing we'd be telling the gang later anyway, Xander seeing the look Buffy gave me puts his hands on his hips "Is there some crisis that requires instant action? Very far from here?" Buffy looks back around and sighs heavily "It's Giles" Everyone looks at us in shock and fear.

"Well, he's alright, isn't he?" Jenny asks desperately as Buffy looks at her helpless "I don't know. Uh, he didn't show up when he was supposed to last night, and then, when I went over to his place, he was acting... well, very anti-Giles. He wouldn't let me in, and he looked really bad. I-I think he might've been... I think he was drinking"

Jenny looks at Buffy in disbelief shaking her head as the rest of the gang gasps surprised "He was home alone drinking?" Jenny asks worried crossing her arms thoughtfully, Willow steps forward playing nervously with her hands "But... tea, right?".

I shake my head and bit my lip "Wasn't tea, Will" Xander sighs and rubs his face like he knew what was going on "Yep, yep, I knew this would happen. Nobody can be wound as straight and narrow as Giles without a dark side erupting. My Uncle Roary was the stodgiest taxidermist you've ever met by day. By night, it was booze, whores, and fur flying. Were there whores?".

We all looked at Xander in annoyance and Buffy shakes her head "He was alone" Xander nods seriously "Give it time" Buffy huffs at him but turns to look at everyone "So, none of you guys have noticed anything different lately?".

We all shake our head Giles seemed pretty much like Giles plus he was never one to divulge into his home life he kept that to himself "No, he seemed perfectly normal yesterday when I saw him talking to the police" Cordelia says aloud and we all turn to stare at her in disbelief.

"And you waited till now to tell us this because?" I growled at her sucking the inside of my cheek knowing I was dying to say much worse "I didn't think it was important" Cordelia said shrugging her shoulder carelessly like it wasn't important to her, I opened my mouth to retort when Buffy just shook her head at me.

"We understand. It wasn't about you" Xander spat at Cordelia truthfully who just pulls a face at him "Well, what were the police talking to him about?" Jenny questions looking at Cordelia annoyed she obviously thought the same as we did.

"Oh, don't tell me, I know this one. Um...Something about... a homicide" Cordelia says clicking her fingers like she'd solved something, We all looked at each other in shock how could Giles be caught up in a homicide and why hadn't he come to us for help.