Playing With Fire

Huffing I sat on the floor drinking from my water bottle "Come on Nikki time for more" Buffy called from the other side of the garage picking up some punching pads. Buffy was definitely being serious about teaching me how to fight.

She said I needed to know this stuff, Buffy had been different this summer she wasn't the same, she hardly talked and it seemed like she was always looking out for something. Honestly she was never around and I always found her bed empty at night.

"So what's you being all sneaky Buffy lately?"I asked my older sister nonchalantly as I continued to kick and punch the pads, Buffy looked up at me shocked "I haven't been sneaky" she muttered taking my punches in her stride flinching only a little.

Laughing sarcastically I stopped punching "Seriously?" Buffy looked up at me like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders "You wouldn't understand" she muttered pulling off the pads and walked away.

I felt my anger rising we used to tell each other everything "Then help me understand Buffy!" Buffy ignored me in favor of drinking from her water bottle "because it honestly feels like I haven't seen you this whole summer"

Buffy stood and walked to the door "Sorry" she muttered walking through it "Urghh" I screamed throwing my hands up and gasping when things suddenly flew across the room on their own. Pulling my hands down to myself.

"Did I just?..." breathing heavily I realized I had just made things move without touching them "What is wrong with me?" I thought looking at me hands, keeping my hands by my side I ran up to my bedroom where Buffy was sat on the spare bed.

"What's wrong?" she asked seeing the worried look on my face "Nothing" I shouted quickly and not very believable "Uh huh, now whose being secretive" Buffy muttered looking at me with a raised eyebrow making me mad again.

"Still you" I spat upset until I saw her teddy Mr. Gordo raise off her bed on it's own "Gotta go!" I told her running into the bathroom. Holding either side of the sink I looked at myself in the mirror what the hell was going on?

I sat on the floor next to the bath and cried on to my hands feeling very alone I couldn't tell Buffy about the vampires or what I had just done and my sister was keeping secrets from me, when did my life make such a bad turn?

-

It had been 3 weeks since Buffy had gone home she had called to tell me she was sorry about being so distant but she thinks I'll understand some day. And with the cryptic. I was currently being chased by some vamps, this has been a nightly occurrence since Buffy going back home.

Seeing my school I mentally cringed knowing my plan wasn't going to go down very well, running through the doors which were thankfully unlocked I lead the vamps to the science department where I turned on all the gas.

"Where are you bitch?" I rolled my eyes the bad guy routine is strong with these vamps it's always 'bitch' looking around the table I was hiding in I watched as the vamps stalked into the room looking for me.

Pulling out my favorite zippo lighter I kissed it "Sorry baby" I muttered to it before crawling toward the door as the vamps pulled the classroom apart, Standing I lit the zippo "Well this has been fun but..." the vamps all swung round to see me standing by the door.

"If you play with fire, you're gonna get burned" throwing the light I dived out of the door and kicked it shut as I heard the vampires screaming. Hearing the fire alarm blare and the sprinklers come on I stood and began to run down the hallways.

I felt someone grab my arm making me scream I turned to look at my principal, Principal Skinner, "Summers!" he shouted pulling me outside as the fire truck pulls up "It wasn't me" I told him with a grimace "First your sister burns down my gym and now you?"

"But you don't understand.." I tried to explain before I saw more red and blue flashing lights "You and your sister have been nothing but trouble at this school and it is going to stop now" Principal Skinner growls as he hands me off to an officer who sits me in a squad car until they stop the fire.

The fire is stopped pretty quick and the police officer took me back out of the car and I froze seeing my dad, principal Skinner and a fireman all standing together looking very serious "Officer can't I stay in the car" I muttered knowing I was about to be in a world of trouble.

"Sir we stopped the fire easily, the labs steel door seemed to contain the fire to just that room so you can still open the school tomorrow" I heard the fireman tell Principal Skinner as we walked closer "I knew that" I muttered making all the men look at me sternly.

"Nicola! What were you thinking?" Dad growled at me as I looked at the ground like a puppy being reprimanded "You wouldn't understand" I muttered echoing my older twins words. Dad sighed and looked at Principal Skinner who was glaring at me.

"So what's her punishment?" Dad asked him seriously "I'm sorry Mr Summers but like your older daughter I'm going to have to expel Nicola" my head shot up in shock "What you can't, I was just... Dad help?" I stuttered they wouldn't understand if I told them.

"Nicola go wait in the car" I looked at my dad shocked before walking away slowly "I'm going to have to put this on her permanent record, so you'll have trouble finding a school for her now" I heard Skinner tell my dad, I sighed knowing there was nothing I could do about any of this.

Getting in the car I watched as my dad shook hands with Skinner before walking towards me and getting into the car "Dad I..." dad put his hand up stopping me before turning on the car and driving, the car ride was quiet neither of us tried talking again.

Pulling up onto the drive dad got out of the car and slammed the door, I felt a tear fall down my face before I followed him. Dad stood pacing in the hall before turning to me as I stood by the front door "How stupid..." he started before stopping himself "Why Nicola? First Buffy and now you?" he asked rubbing a hand over his face.

I opened my mouth before shutting it there was nothing I could say that would make this better "You know how hard it will be for me to find a school that will take you with this on your record?" he told me before turning and picking up the phone.

"Go upstairs I'll call you back down after" I looked at my dad upset "But dad" I tried "Now Nicola!" I jumped as he raised his voice before running up the stairs and letting out the tears I had been fighting, kicking my bag across the room I sobbed "This sucks"

Feeling my anger and sadness rises I watch as things start to float in the bedroom and sighed trying to get my emotions together knowing this is what triggers this 'thing' from happening. Closing my eyes I tried to think of happy thought which lately was pretty difficult.

"Nicola!" I jumped hearing my dad shout up the stairs causing all the floating things to drop "Aw damn" I sighed seeing everything scattered across the floor before getting up and slowly walking down the stairs and saw my dad sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.

"I've just spoken to your mom and she's agreed to take you for a while" I stood in the doorway speechless, feeling tears roll down my face I wiped them away "You don't love me anymore dad?" My dad looked up at me shocked and quickly pulled me into a hug.

"I will always love you but right now I just don't know how to deal with this" he sighed laying his head on top if mine "you need your mother right now" he added in a whisper, I nodded as he pulled back "Go upstairs and pack. Tomorrow you'll be going to Sunnydale and you'll be keeping yourself out of trouble"