Chapter 16

Ambers P.o.v

After we left Starbucks we just drove to the mall. The car ride there was lots of fun because we rolled down the windows and sang loudly. It was so much fun laughing and acting silly with my best friend and I couldn't imagine a better start to my day.

The mall looked packed because there were almost no parking spots but just as I was about to keep driving a old woman backed up leaving her front row parking space all to us. I silently cheered in my head grateful that we finally found a spot. Maya seemed pretty happy and excited too but I think that was because the mall was her favorite place.

We got out and walked in the doors with our arms linked. There was a huge blast of cold air that made me want to light myself on fire to get warm. I slowly got used to the freezing temperature and followed Maya as she tugged me to a store.

I didn't even have time to look up at the sine because I was pushed in. Luckily from all the light colors and style of the clothes I knew it was Forever 21. I really liked this store because they had a lot of my style clothes which was not completely girly.

Maya squeaked in excitement as she ran over to a rack of dresses. They aren't even cute so as she looked through them I moved onto the rack next to hers which had crop tops. As I was looking I stopped when I saw a cute light yellow one. I don't usually go for that bright of a color but it for some reason stood out to me. I wonder if it would look bad or good on?

I was taken out of my train of thought when Maya began talking. "None of the dresses are that great. What are you looking at?" She asked as she walking over to me. When she saw the yellow top her mouth opened a little. "Really? I wouldn't have even guessed you would like that color. It's cute but I don't think it's right for the date. Oh that reminds me where are you going? We need to make sure your dressed properly."

Maya was right I needed to dress for the occasion but there was one problem. I didn't know where he was taking me... for all I know he could just take me to Taco Bell. Not that I would really mind I loved Taco Bell, but definitely not for a first date.

Wait did I just call it a date?

Nope it is not a date, it's just some popular jerk who thinks that I'm a challenge. Maya keeps saying he likes me but I just can't see it. The way I need to look at it is that I'm being forced to go on this thing. I probably won't even have fun because I hate Thomas so much, but hey at least I get free food.

"I don't know where he's taking me, he never told me." I said now thinking of all the places we could possibly go to. Maya's eyes went wide in horror. "Oh no! How are we going to find the perfect outfit? You have to text him right now and find out!" She demanded. She seemed supper upset that I didn't know this big piece of information. I did as I was told and took out my phone to text him.

Me: Hey where are we going tonight? Need to know so I dress probably

I waited for him to respond, luckily it only took him a few seconds.

Thomas: Its a surprise ;) just wear anything, you'll look great in whatever you choose. If it helps it's somewhere simi nice.

His text confused me and left my heart thumping loudly. I'm not sure why I'm letting his words get to me. Its clearly him trying to get into my pants. I'm sure he probably has that line copied into his phone so he can just paste and send it to all the girls he's hitting on. I just won't let it get to me.

Maya was looking at a rack of shoes so I walked up to her to let her know it's somewhere nice. I wonder what it is? "Maya, he said its a surprise but to help with the outfit it's somewhere nice." She had the biggest smile on her face, it was pure joy. "Awe that's so sweet! Okay okay, somewhere nice.. I can totally work with that, Lets go!" She yelled loudly and begin to walk off towards a bunch of dresses.