Chapter 5:

I turned to see couch smiling big, not even a hint surprised I beat, i guess what people would call a good runner. Its not that Thomas was not a good runner his just not as good as me. He doesn't breath right so he runs out if air faster and he's a cheater. I was still mad at him for that. How dare he. "I.I just let you w.win" Thomas stuttered still out of breath. "Sure you did" I said sarcastically. I turned to see Eveyone in the class still staring at me wide eyes. One kid was about to say something when the bell rang. Thank goodness the daily is over. "Alright kids go get changed and I'll see you tomorrow." The couch said as she walked away. Kids started running to the locker rooms as I desited to run a few more laps. My aunt was probably not even expecting me home. I looked down at my watch and waited a few seconds. Right when the hand hit 12 I sprinted off. I started off with a jog and started to spread off. My old couch made us practice tell we could run 5 laps in 20 minutes. I did it in 10, when I tried. It doesn't sound hard but trust me it was.

I was on my 3ed lap and I was up to 6 minutes. I counted how long I had to take on my last laps and how fast I should go. I have to run each lap in 2 minutes. My feat were starting to hurt, but I kept moving.

By the time the last lap was over my feat really hurt. I walked over to a bench next to the track field and laid down closing my eyes. Blocking out all the sunlight and just taking deep breaths. "Nice running" I opened my eyes to see Thomas standing right next to me with a blank face. I didn't make a move, I just closed my eyes again. Not saying anything, I could tell he didn't mean it as a compliment so there's no point in saying thanks. "You know that was a compliment right, most people say thanks" He said in a bit annoyed tone. I opened my eyes only to roll them and set up from my laying position. "Okay one I'm not most people and 2ed it didn't sound like a compliment. " I said looking at him with a hint of annoyance. For some reason him just standing here made me upset. "Whatever, so you want to hang out?" He said rolling his eyes. I don't think he was expecting what came next.

I laughed, a lot. I burst out laughing and fell off my seat and was now crying from laughing so hard. "You, You want to.." I couldn't even finish my sentience because I started bursting out laughing again. 5 minutes I was still laughing and Thomas had a strang face on. I couldn't tell if he was surprised or mad. Either way it was funny. I finely stoped lashing and stud up. "That was a good one, you all most got me there, with the 'hey you want to hang out?' Thing" I shaked my head and looked down. I turned to see him with a confused face. "Wait what? I wasn't joking" He asked slowly like what I just said was something he has never heard. "Really, wow Okay I'll say it slow for you to understand, I'm not like the girls like here at school, I'm not one of those girls who's going to be used so if you want someone like that, go stalk some poor girl in you class, but right now I have to go so, byeee" I turned and walked back to the locker room. No one was there anymore. I got changed quickly and walked out of the locker room and down the hallway. When I finely made it to my locker I was meet with Maya. "Hey Maya, what are you doing here?" I asked as I opened my locker grabbing some books and putting some books in. "I was looking everywhere for you, are you okay?" I turned to her with a series face on. "I'm fine, but what was with you, she was being a complete b***h and you didn't do anything, you just sat there?" I asked her. I still didn't understand that. Last time We saw each other she was so strong and didn't care what people thought, she was brave and daring.

"Things change Amber, high school was tough for me" She said in a low voice looking down. My heart broke a little seeing her like this. I slowly smiled as I had a idea. "Maya?" I said in a happy voice. She looked up and when she noticed the look one my face she paled. "Oh no, I know that face and I have never liked that face. You have a idea but it's not a good plan I can tell, they are never good plans." I scoffed, "I take that offensive but I know your hurting so I'll let it go" She rolled her eyes. "I'm not hurting Amber, I'm fine" She said. I put my finger to her lips "shhhhh, dont worry iv got a plan" She smacked my hang away from her face.

"Okay whatever, what's your big plan?" I smiled big.

"Were going to a party tonight"

--------------------------------------------
959 words

Sorry I haven't updated in a long time, iv been busy with my other book and my summer. Anyway my book "secret life" is now done so I can work on this book, so please vote and comment. I well be making the chapters longer :-)
Thanks:
Melanie