Chapter 8

As I hit the freezing cold water it was as if my life flashed before my eyes. My mom and I playing in the back yard, her me and my dad having Sunday dinner, me and her singing on the piano.

That only lasted a second because then I remembered she was dead, she drowned and right now I was in a pool, in the deep end. Not able to swim. I heard a scream that wasn't Ming. It sounded like Maya.

I was splashing around in the water, needing air but I wasn't getting any. I was sure this was the end. I was going to die just like my mom. At least I'd be with my mom and dad soon. I would get to hug them and tell them how much I missed them and sing with them and lagph with them.

But I guess it just wasn't my time yet.

I heard a loud splash and soon anough two pairs of arms were around me pulling me to the side frantically. They weren't hard arms they were small, like girl small.

When we made it to the edge I grabbed on for dear life, choking on water that was still in my mouth and throat. I felt as I couldn't breath even though I now had air. "Amber! Amber!" I heard Maya yell at me. I opened my eyes slightly to see a soaking wet Maya leaning over me. She had worry all over her face. I tried to speak but I just choked more. I turned to my side, I read a book once that said it helps.

A moment latter I could breath fine. I sat up and looked at Maya who looked relieved. I could see tears in her eyes. "Oh my God Amber, I thought you would die." She said hugging me tightly. I hugged her back just as tight. "Thank you" I whispered as I hugged her. I looked around to see many people looking at me. With shock, sadness, boredom, And anger?. But right now I just don't care. "I'm going home, you stay and party" I whispered again. "Are you sure, I could come with" She said in a soft worried tone.

Truth was I wanted her to come with me. She made me feel safe, I mean she is my best friend but I also know that she wants to hang out with Ryan and I want her to get a boyfriend so I just shock my head yes. "Okay" She said standing up and helping me also to my feat. Now Eveyone was back parting as if I didn't just die.

I hugged Maya one more time and then started to run away. I ran though the crowd of people. When I finally got to the door I yanked it open and ran outside. I tried to remember where I parked I just couldn't. After 10 minutes of looking I gave up. I walked slowly to a nice mowed lawn. It was about 2 or so house's down from the party. I just sat down and hugged my nees letting the tears fall.

Not because I almost died but because of the flash back of my mom and dad. I missed them So much, all I could do was think of when they died leaving me on this curl world all alone.

Flahback

"Mom come on I want you to teach me how to swim!" I yelled from the kitchen. Today was the day I was going to learn how to swim. We were going to the beach!

Iv only been to the beach a few times before because mom hasn't teached me how to swim yet, but she is today. I'm so excited. "Okay, okay Amber! Are you ready to go, you put Sun screen on?" My mom asked walking in the kitchen with her hundreds with her bathing suit on under. "Yessss now can we go?" I yelled grabbing her hand and trying to pull her to the door. "Alright let's go!" She yelled.

When we made it to the beach there were waves more waves then iv ever sean. They were huge like 20 feet big! My mom looked happy but sad. She turned to me. "Sorry sweaty but it looks like we might have to teach you tomorrow it's ruff out there" She said sadly. I could tell she was sad. She loved the beach, loved swimming and surfing. "Mom did you bring the surf board?" i asked ."Yes I did, why?" She asked looking down at me. "You could surf we'll I make a sand castle" I said happily, I loved building sand castles, I was always good at it. Mom smiled a little. "Okay, sounds like a plan there's not anyone here anyway." She said with a small.