I put the car in drive then took off down the road.

***

Brinn POV

I was sitting across from Rachel in her living room as she talked my ear off. Her and Maci finished the nursery last night, but refused to show me until Titus got here.

"I can not believe my son is forcing that stray pup upon your lives." I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm okay with it. He seems like a nice kid from what I've heard."

She scoffed, "You don't know anything about that pup. He could have serious mental issues for all we know." I placed my hand over my round belly and sighed. "I don't want to talk about it anymore." I didn't want to disrespect Titus's mother, but she was seriously pissing me off.

"I don't mean to overstep my boundaries, but I just don't think you two are ready to take on a five year old and a newborn."

I shook my head and laughed. "We're not, but sometimes life throws you the biggest challenges at the worst of times. But we'll be okay."

A small smile made it way onto her face. "I'm very proud of you Brinn. I honestly thought you were going to turn out to be a complete bimbo."

"I don't know how to respond to that." She shook her head and pulled me into a hug. "You don't have to, just know I'm proud." I patted her back awkwardly until she pulled away.

Maci walked into the living room with a smile. "Hey guys." Rachel scowled at her. "Don't just walk into my house without knocking." She said annoyed.

"B-but the door was unlocked." She stammered out.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "What do you want?"

"We moved all the furniture into the pups bedroom."

"Thank you Maci." I said as I stood. Her eyes instantly landed on my belly.

"The due date is getting close." She said excitedly.

"Don't remind me." She furrowed her eyebrows. "I thought you were ready to give birth."

I shook my head. "No I'm ready to get this kid out of me. But I'm not ready for the pains of birth." I ran my hand over my face. "I don't know, I'm a bunch of mixed emotions right now."

She smiled, "Understandable."

"When are you going to have pups?" Rachel butted in. Maci sighed as she directed her gaze to the ground.

"I would love to be a mother more than anything, but my hands are tied with Seth and my family at the moment."

Rachel scoffed, "Silly girl." She said as she walked out of the living room.

"What I think Rachel is trying to say is, you're going to regret putting your life on hold in the future. Your family will be just fine." She nodded, "You're right Brinn."

I grabbed her hand in mine. "Now let's go check out Kohl's room." I said as I pulled her towards the front door.

Kohl's room was right next to our pup's room. The only thing separating the two was a bathroom, they would probably end up sharing in the future.

The room was nicely sized with black furniture. His bed was against the left wall of the room. It had a Batman themed comforter with matching pillows. On the other side of the room there was his desk and dresser. "I left the walls white and just added those stick on Batman stickers. But if he doesn't like it we can always change it."

"This is really good Maci. Especially for the short notice."

"Thank you." She said proudly.

"I do find it a bit suspicious that you finished his room in a day and a half but just recently finished the pup's nursery." I moved to the left side of the room and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Are you nervous about the new members joining us?" She asked, quickly changing the subject. I shook my head and allowed her to change it as she sat next to me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not really. I'm just not sure what to expect."

"It's going to be a big adjustment for everyone. I heard their alpha was really strict." Before I could respond Alex burst through the door, almost knocking it down. "They're here!" Maci and I both eyed her weirdly. "O..kay."

"Don't look at me like that, Let's go." She took off down the hallway. Maci and I both looked at each other then burst into laughter. "Let's go before she has a heart attack." Maci said once the laughter died down.

I took my time going down the stairs, careful not to miss a step. As Maci trailed behind me. Titus's scent engulfed me as I walked out of the house. Titus was pulling Kohl out of the car when I walked towards them. He placed Kohl on the ground then turned to face me. "Brinn." He said with a smile. He pulled me into a hug and buried his head in my neck. "I missed you." He said breathlessly.

I placed a kiss on his cheek then pulled away. I stared down at Kohl who had his hands tightly gripped onto my mates pants. "Kohl this is my mate Brinn." I crouched down and held out my hand for him to shake. Catching me off guard, he pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and smiled. My wolf settled down in the back of my mind, sharing her approval of the small pup.

"Omg stop! That is so cute!" Alex said excitedly. Ignoring her I stood then grabbed onto Kohl's small hand. Titus placed his hand on my belly then smiled. "How's she doing?" He asked as we walked towards the house.

"She's good. She's been quite but I'm not complaining." Titus stilled as we reached the front door. "That doesn't sound too good."

I shook my head. "The pup is fine Titus. I saw Taylor this morning." He visibly relaxed then opened the door for Kohl and I to enter.

"I have to go make sure everyone gets settled in. But I'll be back in an hour tops." I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine, but you better bring food back." He smiled then placed a kiss on my forehead. "Got it."

After he left Kohl and I headed towards his bedroom.

"Well this is it kid." I said once we were in his room. He ran to the bed and began jumping up and down on the mattress.

Kid's got a lot of energy. I thought to myself.

"Someone will be here tomorrow to hook up your TV." He stopped jumping and sat on the bed. "I can watch TV?!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Yeah, I don't see why not."

"Thank you." He ran towards me and pulled me into another hug. He pulled away and studied my stomach.

"Baby?" He asked as he placed his hand on my belly. Before I could say anything the pup kicked. Kohl quickly moved his hand, afraid of the reaction. "I guess she likes you." I said as I ran my hand through his curly brown hair. His light blue eyes lit up as he began giggling.

"Let's go watch a movie." After he nodded I led him downstairs to the living room. I knew from then on that Kohl and I were going to get along just fine.

***

Hey guys! Very chill chapter. The next one will be out soon (hopefully) as we slowly bring this book to a close. I'm so excited for the books I have in store. I've already started the sequel and I think you guys will really like it.

Anyways I'll talk to you all in the next chapter.

Song:
Heart Out- The 1975