| Part Four |

“Silly girl, do you really think your mind control trick worked? We found your group of rebels, and we destroyed every last one of them. As soon as we find Skywalker, the last of any such rebellion flame will be quenched.” 

               “No,” I whisper, backing up from Hux’s smirking face and shaking my head in denial. “No!” I wail, tears springing into my eyes and threatening to fall, angry drops of hate. 

               I’ve managed to back myself into a stormtrooper, who grabs me and holds me captive while I watch as Hux brings a blaster to my head. “Now, tell me- where is Skywalker?”

“Let GO of me!” I scream, feeling the stormtrooper tighten his hold on me and command, “Rey.”

“Rey, it’s okay. Wake up,” A voice urges, followed by a gentle shake that alerts me to large hands holding me against warm skin. 

               “Get OFF!” I scream, shoving the voice away and jumping out of the bed. Where am I? What happened? A dark figure emerges from the shadows of the bed I left, and I back myself up into the wall of the room. It quickly dawns that I’m trapped, and my heart pounds rapidly in my rib cage. 

               “STOP.” I command, and am surprised to see the figure comply. “Who are you?” My voice sounds very demanding in the dark room, harsh and sharp.

“It’s me, Rey. It’s Ben. You asked me to stay with you, so I did, remember?” His voice is soft, triggering every memory of last night clicking back into place. 

               My defensive pose relaxes, and I sigh. “I’m sorry, Ben.” I walk into his embrace and a tear rolls down my cheek. He rests his head on top of mine and holds me against his bare chest, where I can feel his heart beating. 

               “Go back to sleep, Rey,” He whispers, taking his head off mine and looking into my eyes. “I won’t be able to,” I say, “but I can try,” I add as he raises his eyebrows. I unlatch myself from his heat and quickly crawl under the bed sheets to replenish the warmth lost from his chest.

               “Do you want me to stay with you?” He asks carefully, still standing and looking down at me. “Yes,” I whisper, turning my head to watch as he walks around the bed and cautiously lies down.

               “Come closer,” I mumble, closing my eyes and listening to the rustle of the sheets as he moves towards me. “Is this all right?” He whispers, sliding his right arm under my neck and cradling me against him. Warmth from his chest soaks back into my body. “Yes,” I whisper, nuzzling my forehead against the crook of his arm as my heart flutters happily.

The last thing I feel before I drift off to sleep is a tender forehead kiss that leaves my skin feeling electric and tingly. 

—————♱—————

               “You slept like a dormant crystal critter,” Ben murmurs as I stretch my arms, yawn, and rub the sleep from my eyes the next morning. “I’m sorry I scared you in the middle of the night,” he whispers as I snuggle back into his warm embrace. “It’s alright,” I say against his chest, “I had no idea where I was and I didn’t know how to react.” 

Ben rests against his forehead against mine and smiles. “I’m here, Rey. I’m always here.”

               Not wanting to ruin the mood but needing to catch him in a moment, I whisper, “Then come with me, Ben. Come back to the Resistance, come back to your mother. We need you.”