40: Gruyère

Chapter 40: Gruyère

"You got me the honeydew one right?" Hailey asked over the phone.

"Uh huh I got myself a lychee. I also got you a mango in case you change your mind", I answered trying to balance the carrying trays with the bubble tea cups on one hand. It was supposed to be an easy task but the carrying tray was very weak.

"Aww you are the best!", Hailey mused. "Bring me some caffeine bitch", I heard George's voice coming from the other end of the phone.

"Yup! I am about to go to starbucks to pick up George's drink. See you guys in ten minutes", with that I hung up.

I had this unsettling feeling in my chest so I decided to get out of house. My mind was going frenzy with all the questions in my head. After the basket encounter I couldn't decide what to believe anymore.

"Leo, where did you get this basket from?"

"Oh that... my stepmom gave it to me as a get-well-soon gift after she got to know that I got injured".

"But- I saw...".

"I know babe. Apparently Jules send me a similar basket through Amber. Don't worry its not hers. This one was sent by my mother".

"Oh", I still wasn't convinced by his answer. How did he even know about my encounter with Amber? I didn't even bother mentioning it to him.

I didn't even get an opportunity to ask him about that because right then his phone rang.

"Hello... yes, I will be there....", he hung up on whoever he was talking to. He took his jacket which was lying on the couch and kissed me, "I am sorry princess I gotta go. There's an emergency".

"What happened?" I asked.

"Something at the garage. Will tell you about it later", with that he left. But today his garage was closed.

I took a escalator down to second floor. Starbucks was a level down to the Green's bubble tea shop from where I got our bubble tea from. George wasn't a big fan of bubble tea so I was going to get him a cappuccino.

I paid for the drink and took the drink from the friendly girl at the counter. I really shouldn't have decided to carry all these drinks at the same time. Thankfully the girl at starbucks offered me a bigger carrying tray to carry all four of the drinks which was a relief and unlike the previous one it was a lot more steady.

Last time I visited the mall I saw this beautiful dress at a shop which I caught my eye. Unfortunately it was quite expensive but this time around that shop was having a sale so the dress was down to half of its price. I thought of buying that dress for Leo's mom. On my meetings with her she would often talk about how she used to wear the best dresses when she lived with her husband and Leo in Italy back then. She was tired of wearing the same boring hospital gown and she thinks her husband will one day come with a lot of dresses for her to wear.

I was glad to see the price was much affordable for me now. So I told the saleswoman to pack the dress for me. I casually asked her what her dress size is a few days back and that was a huge help although she was a little weirded out by my random question.

Leo and I will be meeting his mother tomorrow for dinner. So I will give it to her then. I got out of the store with the shopping bag in hand. I was happy to get this for Eleanora, she would be elated to get this. The thought of Nora being happy after seeing this dress actually got me distracted that after getting out of the mall I realized I left the drinks at the store where I bought the dress from.

I ran into the mall to get my drinks, fortunately it was still on the counter. I thanked the salesgirl and got out of the store. I need to rush to Hailey's place as the cappuccino was getting cold and George wouldn't be happy about it.