36: Romano

Chapter 36: "Romano"

"Hi", Leo greeted me in the morning kissing me on my forehead. I smiled at him, trying to get over the flutter inside my chest from his simple touch. Things have been... I don't know how to describe it... aloof between us. After that night he sleeps with me every night, but we maintain our distance. More like I maintain my distance because I was afraid he would ask more questions and I won't be able to answer them. He would greet me with a morning kiss and then we would be off to school together after that we were pretty much on our own. I felt like Leo was still pissed at me for hiding things from him. Also, he has been disappearing off again. I asked if his mom was okay or not. He told me she was fine. Even I knew that since I have dropped by once or twice to visit his mom. His mother has been doing quite well these days. In fact Eleanora is quite a cheerful woman with a witty personality. We would mostly talk about Leo and our shared love for Italian food. I didn't bother mentioning this to Leo as he might get overprotective of me. Till now Eleanora didn't have any of her breakdowns in front of me as I was careful around her.

"What did you make for breakfast?" I asked yawning. I hated mornings but nowadays I would look forward to it. It was almost 100 degrees outside in Florida and so Leo cooks shirtless as it gets pretty hot inside the kitchen even with the cooler on.

"PB & J waffle sandwich and breakfast burrito", he said giving me a plate full of food. I was grateful to Leo for this, amidst his busy schedule he would still take the time off to cook for us.

Finishing my plate of food, I was about to leave for school when Leo stopped me. "Princess?"

"Yeah?" I stopped in my tracks.

"Are you free tonight?" He asked, looking at me with those bright blue eyes.

"Uh-huh".

"Great! Come home as soon as possible, I have something planned for us", he said excitedly winking at me.

...............

School has been hectic lately. It was a series of submitting homework and sitting for tests. Like today Mr. Irwin decided to take a pop quiz on US history.

Sebastian and George does history with me and they weren't happy to hear that. Recently Sebastian has been hitting the gym a lot and now he has abs. How do I know about it? George likes to remind us of it every two hours. "I swear on my boyfriend's abs if Mr. Irwin ends up giving us another pop quiz on-", that's when Mr. Irwin chimed in.

"We are going to have another pop quiz today!"

"Dammit Mr. Irwin!" George said banging the table with his fist.

After we were done giving the quiz which was horrible by the way George started sulking," I am sad. You have to cheer me up tonight. And that involves getting your ass ready to get-". Right then the bell rang.

"Oh my god please stop. This is too much for me", I cried out before they could spare me any details. We got up to pack up our bags.

"You have to come to George's party then", Sebastian said. "Or else I wouldn't stop G from giving the details about the way I blo-".

"For the love of god please stop!" I was cringing now. "Okay I will come to your party". George invited us over for a party he is hosting at his place next week but I wasn't really inclined to go as school was drowning me with homework.

"Yes!" They high fived. "That actually worked. Thanks babe!" Sebastian kissed George and it was the cutest thing ever.

"What class do you have next?" I asked George who already had his notes out and was reading it while we walked by the hallway.