My head snapped to her, "Huh?"

"You and Grayson." She repeated, "I don't think it's a good idea. It can't be." 

"Why not?" I asked, curious to see her reasoning. 

"He's going to break your heart," Belle shrugged, "You know his reputation and you haven't known him for long either." 

I was shocked at her words, "He's different than what you think." 

I found myself repeating that phrase a lot lately, justifying myself as if I was the one that had made a wrong decision. 

"Every girl he sleeps with says that," She sighed, "You can't just let his charm get to you. That's how he got the entire school after him." 

I shook my head, "I can't explain it to you, but he really isn't what we used to think of him." 

Belle sighed again, "It's because you're in love with him just like everyone else." 

"You know, you told me Tony was different when you tried to explain to me how he went from a 'friends with benefits' situation to your boyfriend," I reminded her, "I didn't even sleep with Grayson." 

I could see Belle get irritated, "That's a different situation and whether or not I slept with Tony before doesn't make it the same. Grayson and Tony are different." 

"You know what," I sighed, "I don't want to argue for the rest of lunch." 

"Neither do I," She scoffed, kicking a pebble as we walked. 

"Can we talk about this later when we're both a little more level headed?" I suggested, "Knowing both of us we'll be screaming and at each other's throats in seconds."

She smiled, "Yea, I guess you're right. I stand by what I said though." 

"And I stand by what I said," I said honestly, stopping and looking at her. 

The two of us, despite arguing, knew each other long enough to understand each other's as friends and respect each other's opinions, no matter how much we disagreed with it. 

"Then let's resolve this over Facetime tonight." She told me sternly before waving and walking off, "See you later."

"Bye." 

•••

"Everything good?" Gray asked as I walked over after he waved me to his table.

I sighed, "Could've been better." 

He smiled and pulled me into a side hug and lightly pressed a kiss to my neck before scooting over and making space at their table. 

I can hear his teammates whispering amongst each other before the one and only Michael Trivone opened his mouth.

"Damn, G you're whipped as fuck." He joked, earning laughs from the other players before Grayson's stares quiet them down.

"Guys, this is my girlfriend Elana," Gray introduced me, "You've seen her around." 

I raised an eyebrow at the last part, wondering what he meant by that before slightly standing up to take off my jacket. 

"You guys can call me Lana," I smiled, before stuffing my jacket into my gym bag. 

I turned to Gray who got uncomfortable at the way the guys started noticing my midriff before clearing my throat. 

"Watch it," Grayson muttered, as he took a bite of his salad. 

Amused, I watched as the guys diverted their attention back to their food before Cody finally spoke up. 

"So like do you get your nails done for cheer?" He asked, clearly trying to fill the awkward void. 

"I don't only talk about nails and cheer," I laughed, "I watch enough football to be able to know what you guys are talking about, plus I used to play too. But if you're super curious about my nails, no. I don't get them done because when acrylics break they're a pain in the ass." 

"No way, you used to play Lana?" Michael asked, clearly impressed, "When?"

"Oh, yea I remember that!" Gray grinned, unlocking an old memory, "I played again her back when we used to play co-ed football when we were younger. She was the only girl who was on their team and she could throw too." 

"I can't believe you remember. I had nearly forgotten it," I smiled, remembering not to leave out any of the guys and make it awkward. 

"It was only for two years," I said, turning back to the guys, "I broke my arm at the beginning of the third season and then never went back after sitting out." 

"That's hot," Caleb, a running back, spoke before getting hit in the back of the head by Cody.

"Thank you for that," Grayson asked as he turned to smile at me, "Look at you, one of the boys now huh?"

"Don't worry, I'd never take your guys' spots as one of the boys," I reassured his friends, "Even if I easily could."

•••

To be honest, I wasn't planning on writing a chapter.

But, my lovelies you guys deserve it so goddamned much. We recently hit 2K views and 'Third Wheel' is ranked at #175 in Chicklit. It may not be much for some but it's a lot for me :) As promised, there will be another book releasing soon! Please look forward to it and give it and this book a lot of love!

Anyway, as for the reasons I've been gone. School is still my number one priority and I still have cheered. We had practiced all week to get ready for the first basketball game but it's been raining all week. Funny enough, I'm not even done with my math homework and I'm attempting to update so forgive me if this comes out late! My grades are shit for my standards so I've also been trying to focus on that. Regardless, my priorities are set straight and y'all can look forward to 1-2 updates per week! That week-long hiatus I took showed me I shouldn't give up just yet:)

Enjoy the chapter and I love you guys! Please vote, comment, and read! Don't give up on this book just yet!

-Anne

•••
Updated: 1•16•18
Edited: 10•27•20