Chapter 6: Stepping to the Position

You were looking in the mirror you stared at your black dress and matching flats. You weren't crying anymore as hard as it was you had to be strong for Mari for Ciel... and for yourself.
"Now or never." You sighed.
You walked downstairs looking like a true Duchess.
Everyone stared at you and Ciel walked to the end and offered you his hand and you took it.
"Duchess F/N are you okay?" Mari asked.
"I'm always fine. I'm the heir to my family's company. It is my duty to step up no matter what." You stated regally.
"Then we should talk business." Ciel said smirking.
"Eventually but I know our workers will be shocked about everything so it's best to wait and I'll talk to them soon." You said.
"Duchess if you're hurting please tell us." Mari said.
"I'm not hurting. Let's leave it at that." You said.
Ciel handed you a ring.
"My family's ring." You said in disbelief and took it and placed it on your finger.
"It won't leave my side." You muttered.
"Excuse me." You said and everyone nodded.

<Ciel's POV>
I sighed.
"I can see it. In her beautiful E/C eyes that she is in pain and I have to go do work for the Queen today." I thought.
"Young master maybe you should talk to her." Sebastian suggested.
"I will as soon as she is ready. I rather not force it that could be a travesty for everyone. When she wants to talk she will come to me or I'll know when she wants to." I stated.
"Young Master I know you have some sort of feelings for her but your engagement." Sebastian said smirking.
I blushed and averted my gaze.
"My engagement with Lady Elizabeth is coming to end for sure but I don't have feelings for my bestie." I said glaring at him.
Sebastian chuckled. "We should leave now Young Master so we can finish the work." Sebastian said.
"Lets leave." I said.

<Your POV>
You made your way to the garden and you sat down admiring all the flowers.
"Duchess F/N." Finny said.
"Hi Finny I didn't know you were out here I can leave if you want." You said.
"No you are not bothering me Duchess." Finny said smiling.
You smiled back at him. "I love all the flowers you are an amazing gardener." You complimented.
"Thank you Duchess but truth be told I'm not that good at gardening." Finny said.
"I love gardening can I help you?" You asked.
"Yes Duchess." Finny said.
"Please Finny call me F/N when we are alone." You said.
"Yes F/N." Finny said.
You and Finny began gardening and you picked up a little soil and threw it at him. You and Finny both laughed.
"He's so nice." You thought.
"Duchess we should begin thinking of a plan." Mari said.
"And not playing in dirt." She scolded.
You sighed and got up.
"Goodbye Finnian." You said.
"Goodbye Duchess F/N." Finny said and bowed.
You walked with Mari to your room.
"Okay so the clothes are being made from your fathers design and since you are now the owner you can choose another design." Mari informed.
You looked and studied the red and green dress and the blue and white dress.
"Is it even a competition? The blue and white dress for sure." You said.
"Okay let's get some paper work done." Mari said.
You and Mari did paper work for hours until you fell asleep.
"You are stepping up." You heard Mari say.