01

12 months ago.

The elevator doors opened to a skinny man leaning against the wall in the corner. He perked up at the sight of the person in front of him, a toothy grin appearing on his face. With slight hesitation, the woman tightened her grip on the large tote bag slung over her shoulder before stepping into the car.

"Hm, wrong floor." he muttered to himself, but made sure it was loud enough for her to hear.

The man's hands were stuffed in the pockets of his forest green sweater, which he paired with bright blue jeans and a bright red cap. The woman secretly scanned him over from the corner she stood in and winced at the poor combination of colours. She proceeded to press the button for the floor she was headed to, and paused when she noticed that no other floor was pressed for the man in the elevator.

"Floor, sir?" she questioned him, hoping he would be getting off before her.

The man looked over at her, using his hand to lower his cap and take in her shape discreetly. He licked his lips at the sight of the grey yoga pants that clung to her thick thighs and the fitted, white t-shirt that put the silhouette of her breasts on display.

"Second." he said, after stealing a glance at the floor she had already selected. "Thank you, darling."

The woman shook her head with a smirk, not failing to notice the wonderful coincidence. She leaned back in the corner near the elevator buttons, making sure to angle herself towards the man to keep an eye on him. Even that didn't shy him away from ogling her.

"You look really good, sweetheart."

"Thanks." she curtly responded to keep the peace.

"Those hips are perfect for baby-making, ya know?"

She refused to dignify his statement with a response and instead looked at the floor number that was displayed on the little screen, grateful that they had reached the second floor. The doors opened and the woman clutched her bag again as she took a half step out. The eager man wasted no time in following her, fully stepping out of the elevator. But the woman was quick and scurried back into the elevator like she planned, right before the doors closed.

"Wrong floor." she shrugged, as she watched the irritated expression on his face disappear behind the metal doors.

Smiling to herself, she pressed the button for the fourth floor. Once the lift stopped at the correct floor, the doors opened and she walked out. Her steps were quick as she made her way towards the brown door labeled '416'. She rang the bell and also knocked loudly, before tightening the high ponytail that her golden brown braids were in. She looked around her to make sure the elevator guy didn't magically locate her either.

The faint sound of chatter and shuffling could be heard on the other side of the door as she waited. When the door finally opened, she was greeted with the sight of the familiar, warm soul.

"Mimmi's here, y'all!" the voice yelled out into the apartment behind her.

Mimmi heard a few cheers from behind her friend, and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Please do enter, princess. We have been awaiting your arrival." her friend uttered poshly, adding a curtsy for effect and opening the door wider for Mimmi to enter.

"Why, thank you, peasant Charlotte." Mimmi joked in an equally posh voice, walking past her with her nose sticking up.

Charlotte closed the door behind her with a kiss of her teeth. "Peasant is crazy."

"What's crazy is your apartment complex. Every time I come over here, there's a creepy man trying to get me to have his babies." Mimmi complained, standing by the doorway with her friend.