05

The phone buzzed from the black coffee table, prompting Mimmi to reach over to grab it. She smiled as she saw the text from her boyfriend.

Amor🫶🏾
Just ordered your favourite pizza for you. Stop forgetting to eat, my darling

Mimmi
You're the bestest in the whole wide world🥺 And no promises🤭

Amor🫶🏾
Worth a shot😒 Sorry I can't come over today, work is kicking my butt

Mimmi
Don't worry about it. Van is here keeping me company

Amor🫶🏾
Now I'm really sorry😕

Mimmi
Don't be mean 🤣

Amor🫶🏾
Fine, you're lucky my break is over. I'll talk to you later but shoot me a text when the food gets there. Love you

Ikenna had been Mimmi's boyfriend for about ten months now and everything was flowing so effortlessly. They met while she was interning at a radio station, and he was one of the newer radio hosts. He was impressed by her work ethic so he initiated a conversation and the rest was history.

Mimmi felt so appreciated and spoiled, and she hoped that he felt the same from her. They had only recently confessed that they're in love with each other, as they both agreed that they didn't want to rush anything. They were strolling along the beach and Mimmi blurted it out; it was so random and impulsive, but it felt like the perfect moment. He happily said it back, after a few seconds of pleasant shock.

He met her friends after a couple months of being together and they all seemed to really click with him. Ikenna liked them all too, until he didn't. Mimmi would casually vent to him about some things Vanessa would do that bothered her, not realizing that she was helping him like her less and less. At first, Ikenna didn't want to make it obvious that he was beginning to get bad vibes from Vanessa, but the more his girlfriend vented, the less he felt the need to hide his dislike for the influencer. The last incident Mimmi ranted about was how Vanessa behaved at the camping trip she took with her friends. From then, Ikenna concluded that Vanessa was selfish and attention-seeking, and he did not like her. He hadn't blatantly tell Mimmi this but he made it pretty obvious that he wasn't fond of her. Mimmi would brush it off as him just having her back; she didn't want to be put in an awkward position.

Mimmi
Will do, love you😘

Mimmi placed the phone on the coffee table in front of her and reached for the remote, which she used to put on a true crime program. She had recently developed a little obsession with this genre, despite the fact that it creeped her out.

The creak of the floorboards made Mimmi whip her head around. She watched as Vanessa skipped into the living room, rubbing her hands together.

"The lotion in the bathroom smells divine. I almost want to eat it off my hands."

"Go ahead and squeeze the bottle into your mouth. See what happens then." Mimmi joked.

Vanessa scoffed as she plopped herself next to her friend on the fluffy couch. "Oh you just want me dead, huh?"

"Now why would you say that while I'm watching a crime documentary?"

"I didn't ask you to become a crime fanatic." the influencer shrugged, before looking towards the kitchen. "So what's on the menu today, Mimosa?"

The new journalist glared at her friend upon hearing the nickname their group created for her. She only drank virgin mimosas whenever they would hang out together, and for some reason, they found that hilarious. They've been calling her Mimosa ever since. It also helped that part of her name was in the word.