Chapter 7

We walked a couple hours, but took multiple breaks in between due to Suigetsu getting too tired and needing water breaks. Karin was yelling at Suigetsu when Sasuke announced that we getting close to our destination. We walked to what seemed to be a deserted town and Sasuke led us to a creepy looking shop. We entered and Suigetsu looked around in awe.

"What a weird and unlikely place for a hideout," he thought out loud.

"It's not a hideout, this is actually a weapons shop that used to be used by the Uchiha. We're going to prepare for battle here," Sasuke explained.

"This place is so lonely and...depressing," Karin remarked.

"Sorry if it's depressing here," a voice apologized sarcastically from behind us. We turned around, mostly confused until Sasuke spoke up.

"It's been a long time, Denka and Hina."

There were two ninja cats there, speaking to us clearly like my summoning animals would. Suigetsu approached them and tried to pet them, but they growled and hissed at him. I stepped in front of him.

"They're ninja cats, you can't approach them so carelessly. They can tear you apart," I informed him. After Sasuke gave them a bottle of catnip, they led us to someone named Granny Cat. The cats led us to a room that was filled with cats, not just ninja cats. A couple kittens approached me and snuggled up to me (probably since I have a natural affinity for cats).

After gathering weapons and medicine, Sasuke thanked the woman. While he did this, Jugo was looking for clothes to wear. He was too big so he ended up using a curtain to wrap his body with in order to cover his bare chest. Since I was sick of and wanted to get rid of the stupid kimono thing Orochimaru had provided while I lived in the hideout, I changed clothes.

I put on a sleeveless fishnet armor shirt and wrapped bandages around my chest area so I could cover it. I wore black shorts and on my right leg, I had bandages that went down to my mid thigh. On that leg, I had a kunai holster strapped onto it. On my left leg, I had more fishnet armor that went to the same area as the bandages did. I wore black socks that went a bit above my knee and wore black ninja sandals that reached above my ankle. To top it off, I wore black fingerless gloves that extended all the way up my upper arm (right below my shoulder). I checked myself in a mirror before walking out to the others.

"Wear something decent," was the first thing Sasuke said to me. I frowned.

"You shouldn't care what I wear, I'm not your wife. Plus, back in the day, didn't you like when I wore revealing stuff like this?" I said, just to get on Karin's nerves (and it worked). All five of us put on dark robes and I stocked on medicine. After thanking the woman and paying for the materials, we were on our way. Sasuke basically ordered us to go and gather information about the Akatsuki and Itachi's whereabouts. I used a transformation Justu to conceal my distinguishable blue hair and turn it brown.

I walked around a crowded town and activated my Hoshinagan to read the minds around me to see if anyone knew anything about Itachi. I summoned a small group of cats to search around the area and kept a small one with me: Anzu. She had grown since the last time I had seen her, but she still wasn't as big as Momo or the other cats. We walked through the town together and I sensed an extremely familiar chakra, one I couldn't forget. My breath hitched and I hoped they wouldn't notice me due to the transformation jutsu.

I felt the chakra come closer and closer to me, and I regained composure by walking slowly and calmly, however, my heart was beating a mile a minute. The chakra brushed by me and stopped.

"Hotaru?" Jing'a voice echoed in my head. Someone grabbed my shoulder and I turned around. An older looking Jing was standing with an older Tomoe, and I pulled away from his grip.