Chapter 1

Sasuke and I sat next to each other, annoyed expressions on our faces.

"It's not like him to be late, I wonder what happened," I thought out loud and Sasuke only grunted.

"He promised to help me with a new jutsu, but his late ass isn't doing anything to help," he cursed, and I only sighed. I stared forward, waiting for it to open. Finally, after around half an hour, there was a knock on the door. Orochimaru, Kabuto, and some other guy walked in.

"You're late," Sasuke spat and Orochimaru only smirked at this. "Am I mistaken, or were you supposed to be here to help me hone a new jutsu this afternoon, Orochimaru?"

"There's that insolent tone again," Kabuto mumbled.

"Try not to be so upset. I thought we'd do something a little different today, so I brought along a little present for you. He's a Leaf shinobi, just like you and Hotaru-chan. I thought you three might like to get together and reminisce. Swap stories of home," Orochimaru explained and licked his lips.

I looked over at the new boy he brought in. He looked about our age and wore an expressionless face. He had extremely pale skin that was as white as paper, black hair, and chocolate brown eyes. He wore this weird crop top thing and pants along with black ninja sandals. Finally, he wore his Hidden Leaf headband around his forehead and had a sword strapped to his back.

I raised an eyebrow at him and looked over at Sasuke who only made a "hn" sound. He had his Sharingan activated, that show off. I looked back at the white kid who started speaking.

"So, I presume you're Sasuke Uchiha and Hotaru Hamasaki?" he asked with a closed eyed smile. I narrowed my eyes at him, which made him shiver slightly. "My name is Sai-"

"Get lost," Sasuke said, venom dripping from his tone.

"It seems I'm the sort of person that people don't like right away, even if I wear a smile. Naruto took an instant disliking towards me as well. However, I have a funny feeling that you and I will get along better than I did with him," Sai continued. The closed eyed smile immediately wiped off his face and he fell back. I raised an eyebrow and looked over at Sasuke.

"Sasuke, chill out. The freak is just running his mouth; ignore him like I do," I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"It's probably not a good idea to provoke Sasuke too much. He's even more difficult than I am," Orochimaru advised Sai with a chuckle.

"I don't care about this guy. Come on, Orochimaru, let's go," Sasuke said, standing up. Sai stood up as well.

"I've heard a lot about you, from Naruto. It seems he's been searching for you all this time; for three years now," Sai continued.

"I remember someone like that. Orochimaru, let's go," Sasuke demanded, but Sai kept going.

"You mean a great deal to Naruto, he thinks of you as a brother. At least, that's what Sakura told me."

I appeared behind him and held my katana against his neck.

"Stop running your mouth already, you're getting annoying," I hissed at him, and his eyes widened. Orochimaru chuckled.

"Now, now, Hotaru dear, you must calm your nerves. We'll go to a village later today for you to destroy," he cooed and I rolled my eyes, letting go of Sai.

"As far as brothers go, I only have one. The one that I must kill," Sasuke told Sai and teleported away.

"I'll be leaving you now as well. Here, take this Kabuto, I want a bingo book made out of its contents. I'll leave everything up to you," Orochimaru announced, handed Kabuto a manilla envelope, and walked away. I followed behind him after shooting Sai one last glare.

We walked down the hallways of the hideout.

"May I ask why you brought that pale freak here?" I asked Orochimaru and he chuckled, amused by my choice of words.

"He brought us some very valuable information about the ANBU Black Ops," he replied with a smile. After a while, I sighed.

"I'm going to my room," I announced and left to another direction. I let out the breath I didn't even know I was holding. It was always like that with Orochimaru; I was always tense around him. I mean, who wouldn't be? I needed to hold back my urge to kill him. Since I went with him, my hate for him only grew.

I hated him for killing Michi and driving my mother insane. Now I hated him for more than that. He was a disgusting pervert who has tried taking advantage of me, but I wouldn't let him.

I stayed in my room for a while and trained by myself. Since I left the village three years ago, I've learned a lot. I've learned to use all five chakra natures due to a forbidden Jutsu I learned. Additionally, I evolved my Hoshigan to its final stage, which only few have accomplished; the Hoshiraigan. In order to activate it, I need to go into a specific form that I'll go into more detail later...

Well, at the moment, I was practicing Jutsu using the five elements. After around an hour of training, I got tired and decided to read for a while. While I was actually into my book, a noise distracted me. I lifted my head at it.

"Sasuke!" a voice yelled out frustratingly, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Naruto? What the hell are you doing here? I immediately hopped off my bed and walked out of my room. As soon as I did so, I appeared in front of a familiar face.

"Hotaru?!" Sakura yelled out in disbelief. Next to her was a man with a Hidden Leaf Headband. I only blinked. She's gotten taller and more mature, I wonder if she's gotten stronger? "Thank goodness we found you; now we can save you and bring you back to the village!"

I tilted my head in confusion and smirked slightly. "Save me? Honey, I'm exactly where I want to be right now. I don't need to be saved nor do I want to. Now scurry along to your village and leave me be," I said, trying to wave her off and started walking away. However, I sensed a large amount of chakra from behind me, making me jump up.

The ground beneath me cracked into bits. I landed gracefully on the ground and looked over at Sakura. I had an amused smirk on my face.

"Ah, so you actually got strong after three years. Finally, I thought the day would never come," I taunted and she growled angrily, clearly not impressed with my comment.

"Don't mess with me! If I can't take you back peacefully, I'll do it by force!" she yelled out and I only sighed. I shrugged.

"You can try, but you do know I trained under Tsunade too, right? Meaning I have the same powers as you, but much greater and I have way more Jutsus up my sleeve," I replied with a proud smirk. She growled again and went to hit me, but the man stepped up.

"You're forgetting you're facing two opponents, and you don't know my abilities," he said and I raised an eyebrow at this, the smirk still on my face. He had brown hair, black eyes, and wore a forehead protector.

"Well, let's see your abilities then," I tested and activated my Hoshigan. I immediately saw Earth Style and Water Style. I wonder if he has a kekkei genkai of some sort. I mean, there has to be a reason why he's so confident. I watched him weave hand signs and wood shot out of his hand. My eyes widened. Wood Style?!

I frowned and jumped back. I infused chakra in my hands, just like how Kabuto taught me, and started cutting up the pieces of wood. I then went Tsunade Style and smashed the ground. I jumped back again.

"I don't understand why you're trying so hard to retrieve me. I obviously don't care for you anymore, so why do you bother?"

"Because you're our friend and everyone in the village misses you, including Tsunade-sama!" Sakura responded and I rolled my eyes. Our conversation was interrupted by some sort of explosion. I ran towards the sound, the other two following behind me. I rolled my eyes at this and used a Jutsu to teleport myself to the person I suspected created this mess.

Sasuke.