Prologue

"Hotaru, run!" a voice yelled. My head turned to different directions, trying to find the source of the voice. Finally, I made eye contact with a blue haired woman. Her hair was shoulder-length, but was still silky and beautiful. Her eyes were gray, and she had a young complexion.

Standing next to her was a woman with long, thin, lighter blue hair. There were a few silver streaks through her hair, but it was very long. Her hair reached her thighs and was tied in a low ponytail. She had green eyes, like mine. She was beautiful.

"Hotaru, you must leave! He'll be arriving soon!" the woman in the ponytail ushered. Her eyebrows were knitted together in concern. I tilted my head.

"Who's coming?" I asked and the two women pursed their lips together before finally answering.

"Orochimaru," they hissed. At the sound of his name, I cringed.

"But why can't you come with me?" I asked them and they slightly smiled.

"You can't live in this world if we do. You need to grow stronger without us," the woman in the short hair explained vaguely. I frowned and pouted. Although these women knew me, I couldn't come up with their names or what they were to me. I just knew they were important due to the aching in my chest.

"But...I love you," I whimpered and the two hugged me tightly. While we hugged, we heard a menacing chuckle. The two immediately parted, frightened looks on their faces.

"Hotaru, run!" the woman in the low ponytail practically screamed. I nodded, deciding it was best to run. I turned my back and left until I heard screams. I turned around the see a man with long, black hair and snake-like eyes. He held a blade in his hand and it was covered in blood. Below him were the two women. They were lying dead beneath him, blood pouring out of their chests.

The man licked the blood off his blade, a wide smirk on his face. I covered my mouth with my hands to hold in my screams. A petrified look overcame my features. I turned to run again, but he appeared in front of me. He lifted my chin sigh his index finger.

"Hotaru-chan...let's go train, shall we?"

I bolted awake with a scream and placed my hand over my heart. I clutched my chest where my heart would be and panted heavily. Mom...Michi...why do I always dream about you? It makes everything hurt more...

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and shakily stood up. As I did so, my door creaked open.

"Hotaru-chan, are you alright? I heard you screaming," Orochimaru's voice asked with a chuckle. I shook my head.

"No, everything's fine. It was just a dream, and I can't even remember what it was," I stated and smiled meekly. He nodded, licked his lips and left the room. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and sat back down on my bed.

Mama, Michi...my suffering will end soon. I will avenge your deaths.

A/N:
Welcome to "Blue"! I'm very excited for this story, and I hope you are too!